Transit n/s door delock

The laird

Rally Organiser

Can anyone suggest a supplier for a n/s/door lock blank off
Want to remove door key/barrel from passenger door and fit a secure blank off

Did something similar once after a failed break-in of a previous van. They had removed entire barrel, so I cleaned the jagged edges up, treated it with zinc paint, then using Sikaflex ,stuck a shaped piece of ally to the inside skin of the door. Then filled and sanded a few times till it was perfect, and sprayed over it. Could not tell that a key point had ever been there! ;)

Have a word with the weldmiester, I’m sure he could turn a billet of aluminium into a blank to sikoflex into place.
On a serious note, I’m not sure about removing an escape in the case of an emergency.

Have a word with the weldmiester, I’m sure he could turn a billet of aluminium into a blank to sikoflex into place.
On a serious note, I’m not sure about removing an escape in the case of an emergency.

You'd still be able to get out, as would the passenger.

I would just unclip the actuation bar from inside the panel if you just want to deactivate the lock. It was done on my Ducato base

I would just do as simonM has suggested and just take the bar off the lock so that it doesn’t work from the outside,that way it looks right and a simple job to put back to factory spec should you want to

I would just do as simonM has suggested and just take the bar off the lock so that it doesn’t work from the outside,that way it looks right and a simple job to put back to factory spec should you want to
But then they can pop out barrelsl got one blank coming

Attachments

• ABBA4F44-1945-42E4-8C3A-0C7BDF796767.jpeg
    ABBA4F44-1945-42E4-8C3A-0C7BDF796767.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 18
There’s also a bracket on each inner doors for a strap to go across, high security hab. door .thatchem cat1alarm and disklok

Gordon, you’re supposed to be enjoying this, not fretting about it being nicked.
Mind you, I have woken up after hearing a diesel pull away in the early hours in a panic. Van was okay as was the 107 they would have had to move out of the way before taking the van.
Chill and enjoy, plus it would be a brave or more likely , stupid bu.... to try to pinch anything of yours. Yer a bigyen ?

Gordon, you’re supposed to be enjoying this, not fretting about it being nicked.
Mind you, I have woken up after hearing a diesel pull away in the early hours in a panic. Van was okay as was the 107 they would have had to move out of the way before taking the van.
Chill and enjoy, plus it would be a brave or more likely , stupid bu.... to try to pinch anything of yours. Yer a bigyen ?
I am ,spending the wife’s money

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back