TVL Protectavan Pedalbox

Barge1914

Hi. Has anyone used one of these? A big yellow steel box that locks over the pedals, and contains enough spare space to secure satnav and suchlike small objects? I’ve been using a disk lock borrowed from the car...but it’s a bit too tight.

I can’t find out how much these weigh.

Wanting something basic and mechanical as relying on electronic stuff is becoming less secure with the advent of eBay selling ECB/key duplication gubbins.

Any feedback or thoughts appreciated.

Hi. Has anyone used one of these? A big yellow steel box that locks over the pedals, and contains enough spare space to secure satnav and suchlike small objects? I’ve been using a disk lock borrowed from the car...but it’s a bit too tight.

Wanting something basic and mechanical as relying on electronic stuff is becoming less secure with the advent of eBay selling ECB/key duplication gubbins.

Ps...I should have mentioned it’s for a 2013 Fiat

I have one for my 2010 transit, works well, bit heavy, lives under the wife's feet when travelling ! Have details at home, (not there at mo), can send you if you PM me.

I'd forgotten about these so thanks for the reminder.

Just ordered one which should arrive on Wednesday, I can let you know the weight then if you haven't already found it.

IF the Disklok is a medium.... It's possible to remove some of the foam 'packing' inside the rim....
As the large and medium Diskloks are the same physical dimensions.

Mine is a TVL, on my suitcase scale it goes a bit past the 5kg max, so I would guess its about 6kg. I paid £136 2yrs ago from these guys: https://www.secureavan.co.uk/van-security-1. They seem to be in Redruth or Banbury, the guy brought it to me from Redruth, as he was doing other work for me - a Transit needs all the security it can get !

12v grinder with a skinny disc would be through a link of padlock in no time at all for the really determined and prepared thief.

True of pretty much any physical security.... IF someone is determined enough they will have it away....
However IF there are two similar vehicles one with some physical security and one without...
Which is the one that the bone idle scutty b'stards will be going for first....

Layers
Layers
Layers.....
The scrotes don't like
hard work
Noise
Being delayed
Chance of being caught
Etc etc

Make it difficult for them....
LAYERS
of physical security (ideally re enforced in your own ways that likely they haven't come across before so not practiced in removing them (hence my welding on Diskloks)
LAYERS
of awkwardness.... Lighting, stuff that makes noise for them to even get at your vehicle let alone remove it.
LAYERS
Tracker etc (yes they are easily blocked BUT lots of Landrovers with them seem to end up getting parked up and left whilst the scrotes see IF they have one fitted SO it might just be YOUR vehicle someone spots parked up)
LAYERS
of hidden fuel /electrical cut offs

pretty much anything to make YOUR vehicle less desirable than SOMEONE else's nearby.

12v grinder with a skinny disc would be through a link of padlock in no time at all for the really determined and prepared thief.
Bit negative reply really as if you met the above nothing would stop him regardless of cost If he's about a home made box won't help much either

Last edited:
Ah well so much for that idea...from protectavan...
<<Unfortunately at this time, we do not have a PedalBox available for the motorhome variant of the Fiat Ducatto Due to the exposed steering column that interferes with the fitment.>>

And from Garrison Locks, re Ducato Mottorhome...
<Sorry we don’t have a motorhome one ready yet. Workshop are working on it.>

Apparently the van one is not suitable for the Fiat Motorhome variant which has an exposed steering column, whatever that may mean as I haven’t seen what a van has different myself.

And from Garrison Locks, re Ducato Mottorhome...
<Sorry we don’t have a motorhome one ready yet. Workshop are working on it.>

Apparently the van one is not suitable for the Fiat Motorhome variant which has an exposed steering column, whatever that may mean as I haven’t seen what a van has different myself.

What's your vehicle? I have the van version from Garrison (and it gives me peace of mind if nothing else), it could be that if your cabin is still standard then you only need the van version - but if you have a full class A the you might have issues - dependant on how it has been converted.
The box is a pretty tight fit under the dash.

Where are you? I'm in the UK (Aylesbury) for a short time (couple of weeks) - if you're nearby I'd be happy to bring mine over for you to try it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back