TVL Protectavan Pedalbox

What's your vehicle? I have the van version from Garrison (and it gives me peace of mind if nothing else), it could be that if your cabin is still standard then you only need the van version - but if you have a full class A the you might have issues - dependant on how it has been converted.
The box is a pretty tight fit under the dash.

Where are you? I'm in the UK (Aylesbury) for a short time (couple of weeks) - if you're nearby I'd be happy to bring mine over for you to try it.

Thanks for the offer, but I’m a very long way from you in the Peak District. Ours is a Bessacarr E412. It’s coachbuilt. It was Protectavan and Garrison that told me after giving them full details that the van pedalbox doesn’t fit my motorhome version of the Fiat.
I’m waiting now for TVL to give me an answer...I’ve given them more details and photos. It’s their logo that appears on all the boxes the others sell...so I’m hoping by speaking to them I’m going to the horses mouth.
What year Fiat model is yours, is it also a coachbuilt?

Thanks for the offer, but I’m a very long way from you in the Peak District. Ours is a Bessacarr E412. It’s coachbuilt. It was Protectavan and Garrison that told me after giving them full details that the van pedalbox doesn’t fit my motorhome version of the Fiat.
I’m waiting now for TVL to give me an answer...I’ve given them more details and photos. It’s their logo that appears on all the boxes the others sell...so I’m hoping by speaking to them I’m going to the horses mouth.
What year Fiat model is yours, is it also a coachbuilt?

Mine is a Wiensberg 601MQH (it's a factory converted panel van).

If yours is this: http://moranmotorhomes.co.uk/motorhome_information/51015196d2aa4/Bessacarr-E412, or this: http://simpsonsmotorhomes.co.uk/used-motorhomes/fiat-swift-bessacarr-e412, then I would say that it's a standard COCKPIT, identical to a panel van, and I don't see a reason why a standard van pedal box wouldn't fit - the cockpit has not been changed by Bessacar, only the load area. If your vehicle was a full on Class A where the cockpit HAS been rebuilt by the coachbuilder, then they may well have a point.

I would expect that Garrison/Protectavan/TVL wouldn't know anything about motorhomes, and (quite honestly) aren't going to waste their time researching any particular van just to make 1 sale. So they'll demur and say that the box won't fit because that's easier than saying it will, and having to deal with a dissatisfied customer. Like it or not, that's the world we live in.

Thanks for your advice. I can’t speak for Protectavan and Garrison. But now I’ve got hold of them TVL have been most helpful. They say their van version will fit, and they have them in stock.

For anyone who is interested...

Dimensions: 370mm wide, 230mm front to back, 190mm high. Weight 6.8kg.
Two versions both the same, one Standard Spec. (£125+VAT). The other Thatcham approved (£145+VAT). The latter has a higher security lock.

Unfortunately mine didn't arrive yesterday as stated in Protectavan's email. I've just got off the phone from them and they were very apologetic but said that it was still sitting in their dispatch area and they weren't sure what had happened, they did promise that it would arrive tomorrow though.

Shame, coz we're off to Scotland in the van tonight!

Any padlock can be opened with a razer blade in seconds,no noise.
The pedal box with a back bolt round type lock like you see on tranny back doors is best.

Unfortunately mine didn't arrive yesterday as stated in Protectavan's email. I've just got off the phone from them and they were very apologetic but said that it was still sitting in their dispatch area and they weren't sure what had happened, they did promise that it would arrive tomorrow though.

Shame, coz we're off to Scotland in the van tonight!
Maybe see you up there, we can compare our boxes! Looks like it’s going to be a bit nippy late jan/Feb, a snowplough May be of more immediate use!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back