Unusual hobbies

Campervanannie

Unusual hobbies

image.jpeg
This is my other half so hobby he builds and paints figures mainly military but also does fantasy figures the can is to show the variation in size of the figures that he paints he started at about 5 with air fix and 60 years on its his passion. The Samurai is his latest one only finished it 2 days ago
.image.jpegimage.jpeg

I see you decided on the pepsi can instead of the vodka bottle, it is better for scale and Bill would have preferred a Merlot bottle I'm sure.

St3v3;n936 said:
I'm guessing not, after your last comment, but does he ever sell any of them? They are very good.

Yes he does sell them a few of the model sculptors send him their new models free he paints them and takes the finished model to shows which then boosts their sales which is what the Samurai is he took it to a show at the weekend to show the guy that sculpted it and visitors to the shows will pre order the model.

Campervanannie;n946 said:
Yes he does sell them a few of the model sculptors send him their new models free he paints them and takes the finished model to shows which then boosts their sales which is what the Samurai is he took it to a show at the weekend to show the guy that sculpted it and visitors to the shows will pre order the model.

Cool. How much for the lady in the yellow catsuit lol.

Very nice Annie.
I was an avid Airfix kit maker when I was young - used to mow the lawn (was a big one too) and rake up the grass for my 25p pocket money which was the exact price of a Series 2 in 1971. Made most of the Figures (Henry VIII, Black Prince, Richard the Lionheart) but sadly no idea where they went. Started making kits again around 7 years ago, but mostly Aircraft , which is my main interest.
This could have been a trial run for my new camper ...

Airfix-Daktari1.jpg

This is an Airfix Ford Trimotor 5AT as flown by the (imaginary) Kenya Airways if anyone was wondering :)

Last edited:
That's the outside toilet entrance open there I see! No need to worry about dumping grey waste there-other than it splashing on the tailplane!

Campervanannie;n845 said:
This is my other half so hobby he builds and paints figures mainly military but also does fantasy figures the can is to show the variation in size of the figures that he paints he started at about 5 with air fix and 60 years on its his passion. The Samurai is his latest one only finished it 2 days ago.

Excellent he must have a very steady hand.

This is my other half so hobby he builds and paints figures mainly military but also does fantasy figures the can is to show the variation in size of the figures that he paints he started at about 5 with air fix and 60 years on its his passion. The Samurai is his latest one only finished it 2 days ago.

Bill is a very talented guy. I'm in awe of him.
AND a lovely person!
Some people have all the important attributes.

Colin :biggrin::biggrin::Slightly_Smiling_Fa

Some quality work going on there.

Well I started this thread in November last year in the hope that other members might tell us about their hobbies well I thought I would resurrect it as I have recently found a new hobbie as well as camping/ motorhoming whatever you want to call it I have discovered fishing more to the point beach casting and I love it I cannot wait to get home get my tackle sorted and get back out there, so come on some of you must have hobbies that you do either when your home or that you incorporate in your travels.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back