Unusual hobbies

A couple of years ago I joined a choir but not your “Amen” kinda choir, it’s poppy dancey kind of choir … we done a great rendition of “go your own way by Fleetwood Mac” … it’s good for me as I love music but it’s good for mental health it really lifts your mood, but also good for my breathing and asthma.

A couple of years ago I joined a choir but not your “Amen” kinda choir, it’s poppy dancey kind of choir … we done a great rendition of “go your own way by Fleetwood Mac” … it’s good for me as I love music but it’s good for mental health it really lifts your mood, but also good for my breathing and asthma.
I would really enjoy that but cannot sing a note these days.
My latest toy is a Cricut computerised cutting machine. I enjoy the crafting side of it but also the technical learning new software and tinkering side.

My latest toy is a Cricut computerised cutting machine. I enjoy the crafting side of it but also the technical learning new software and tinkering side.
I can’t sing either but I belt it out like no one is listening 😆

Im not naturally good at crafts and and admire anyone that make it look so easy. I do like photography so looking to get a decent camera soon.

the Cricuts are pretty funky aren't they :) I have the Cricut Maker (y)

the Cricuts are pretty funky aren't they :) I have the Cricut Maker (y)
Phill bought mine for me so I got the Explore Air 3. I wish I'd added the extra dosh for a Maker as I thought the Explore would cut fibre paper for glass work but it shreds it. The rotary blade on the Maker adds some excellent capability.
I've enjoyed learning the software and teaching myself Inkscape as I lost the Adobe suite when I left work.

Phill bought mine for me so I got the Explore Air 3. I wish I'd added the extra dosh for a Maker as I thought the Explore would cut fibre paper for glass work but it shreds it. The rotary blade on the Maker adds some excellent capability.
I've enjoyed learning the software and teaching myself Inkscape as I lost the Adobe suite when I left work.
Something I found it could do quite accidentally (and haven't yet tried to do on something I have created myself) is the "Print and Cut". I don't know which machines in the range will do that , but it is great for making stickers. Print off a page on a nomal printer using "writable vinyl" and then put the printed page in the Cricut and it will cut around the individual stickers, including all the complex little angles.
very clever (but I'm not clever enough yet to actually create that yet - just downloaded existing projects).

(just had a quick look at Inkscape. Looks complicated but very capable. I tend to use Paint.net which is simple but rather basic and want to try something more usable. I'll have a look at Inkscape (y) )

I'm also playing around with Sublimination which is quite good fun. Made this Mug and Coaster set for OHs friend which came out very nicely I think ....

Artichicks by David, on Flickr

I have a scan and cut which is similar. Creative Fabrica do loads of designs and they do a freebie e mail everyday with fonts, fabrication designs and svgs worth looking at if you dont already have it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back