** UPDATED ** Hollingworth Lake Country Park , Littleborough , Lancashire . August 13th - 17th 2020

** UPDATED ** Hollingworth Lake Country Park , Littleborough , Lancashire . August 13th - 17th 2020
Posted by jeffmossy
Littleborough Rugby Club , Rakewood road Littleborough
Thursday, August 13, 2020 - 10:00 AM
Until: Monday, August 17, 2020 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
A big thank you to Jeff and everyone else involved in organising this meet. It was a great few days and we can't wait for the next one.

Regards,
Del and Di

Home again.....doesn't take long.

Thanks to Jeff and Lorraine for organising the meet, and

Phil for providing all the equipment (ropes and poles) and. for the behind the scenes arganising, checking and providing insurance and guidelines, to enable the meet to happen in these covid times.

We had mixed weather but it was so good to get out and catch up with everyone......even if it was at a distance.

Can't wait for the next time.

Take care and safe travels xx

Back home now , it took us ages ( 10min ) .

BIG BIG Thank you to all who turned up at the camp , We are proud of you all adhering to all the rules and restrictions that was in place , but these did not stop us having a great time , and the bonus of 5 nights in the club bar added a nice touch to the camp .

Special thanks to Yorkslass ( Sue and David ) for helping steward the whole event , also to the helpers who helped set up the camping areas for all the vans .

Not forgetting Geeky Phil who without his forums and the extra covid equipment and insurance he has had to purchase , there would be no camps at all . Thanks Phil (y)

Well, we were the last to leave (as usual!) and have just arrived at Dodwell Park near Stratford where we can ‘rest’ until Thursday.
Hollingworth Lake was a lovely Meet, even the restrictions didn’t stop a few good natters and folk having a good time. Most evenings were spent in the Bar, where people were determined to enjoy themselves, come what may.
We haven’t been to this location before but were delighted by the many and varied walks around the area and all the things to do.
We would like to add our thanks to Jeff and Lorraine for pulling it together, and Dave and Sue for Stewarding the whole six days.
Finally, of course, many thanks go to the Big man for facilitating the event, and all his tireless help and planning.
See you all very soon,
Rog n Chris. (Socially Distanced Hugs!)

Thanks to all that made the meet possible ,and to all that made Enjoyable nice to meet miducks young lady dont think she was impressed when she thought she was going to have to push start his van , all was well when Kimbo came to the rescue , thanks to yorkslass for trying To keep me on the right side of the fence . And last but not least jeff for making sure everyone got of safely before leaving ..

I would like to also thank Jeff, Lorraine, Sue, Dave, Phill and anyone else who helped get this meet sorted out in difficult times in a pretty strict lockdown area. Great having a bar on site to help us revive after some mighty long walks to the local pubs. Weather could have been better, but we did have some sunny breaks throughout. Was a bonus having the 3rd test match played next to us. All in all under very difficult circumstances it turned out to be a great meet. Good to catch up with some of the older establishment and meet the new ones as well. The bad news though is I am going to put some photos on. They are pretty poor as they was taken witth the phone camera. It took me hours to load them from the phone to the computer has it would not link up to windows, but after kicking it round the room a few times I got it sorted. I apologise in advance for the quality and hope this works has I have not done it from a phone before.
.... Tom ....IMG_20200814_121342.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back