USB Toothbrush charging

I bought a battery powered one to use in the van as I read that mains ones couldn't be re-charged unless on EHU. It seems to work just as well as the mains one at home does and the batteries seem to last a long time.
Saves having to remember to move it from house to van and back again all the time, as well.
What make is your mains one at home? My experience is that the battery powered ones are only as good as Colgate brushes, which are not very good at all.

Our oral b mains toothbrush charger is AC relying on an induction current to charge it so I don't see how a 5v usb connector would provide any power.

I believe using a pseudo sine wave (square wave) inverter damages them. I haven't tried ours on a full sine wave inverter yet. It would have to be on for 16 hours to charge so I will take our old battery one which takes the same heads as a backup.

Steve

I bought this unit - https://amzn.to/2sZAgJ9

I have tried it twice and not only has it failed to charge but somehow it managed to deplete the battery! I don't know how but I went from a fully charged battery to one that needed a complete recharge both times. Not going to risk the toothbrush on a 3rd attempt .

Wildebus had to get a new toothbrush & charger because he's given his original electric toothbrush to the pet hamster :) ;)

Hi we had exactly same problem ordered usb one, would fit mine oralb but not wifes ph.sonic as only £3 "wittled" plastic cover off of peg exposeing small piece metal (my understanding that this is the induction peg so not strictly electric just magnetic ) now fits both charges both fine been using now on off Ha ha 6 months hope this helps with decision making regards david
NB make sure you use a usb supply thats > 500ma (most these days are)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back