Username origin

*****;n4859 said:
Hey Guys, I have noticed a couple have posted on this thread,but have not actually given the reason for their own user name!:Tears_of_Joy_Emoji:

Come on, lets hear it:Nerd_with_Glasses_E

That'll be member known as Lee called Lee ???????

All the family call me a winging old git so that explains my name old git.

About 11 years ago, my big sister twisted my arm for months to join her on a forum. Sorella is Italian for sister (apparently) so I joined the forum as her 'little sister'. Haven't posted there for donkeys years but I've just got home from a week in Ireland with some of the great friends I made all those years ago.

WC was the first forum I'd joined, and when registering and realising that I needed a name the first thing I could think of was my car name, so that was it.

When I joined WC several years ago as far as I can recall just plain “tony” was taken. We had just returned from one of many fantastic trips to the British Virgin Islands (BVI) where our son and family lived at that time. Hence “tonybvi”. They now live in the Channel Islands but I reckoned that “tonychannelislands” was a bit much!

I took mine after the Bulgarian shepherd dog I rescued.Found him tied to a tree with severe wounds to his throat what some creature''human'' had done.He is a big lad now but unfortunately only takes orders from me,unlike the missus...he'll keep me warm

Attachments

• DSCF5500.jpg
    DSCF5500.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 0
first time i tried to sign up for an e mail with sky every combination of my name and initials were all taken after about 20 mins of trying all sort of combinations typed in rugbyken and it was accepted have used it for everything ever since, i am also a rugby nut and my name is ken!

Name of our first Golden Retriever plus “borg” which I think is of scandinavian origin. It’s 37 years ago since we first used it and it’s our Kennel Club affix for when we were showing our Retrievers,

karakachan;n4964 said:
I took mine after the Bulgarian shepherd dog I rescued.Found him tied to a tree with severe wounds to his throat what some creature''human'' had done.He is a big lad now but unfortunately only takes orders from me,unlike the missus...he'll keep me warm

Lovely name and gorgeous dog... but you will always be Chaka Khan to me :Tears_of_Joy_Emoji:

I have been wildman since the 1960's, for spending so much time in the wild places, then wilding rather than using a site other than rallies, I doubt I'll change it now.

Come on, Flying Kipper. I really can't wait for you to join in!

Colin ???

Hi All
I used to work as a watch repairer and dealer..but that was before I retired.
Bye for now
Freddie:biggrin:

Mmm let me think, Oh Yes we're fat(Porkie) and from Yorkshire (Yorkies) simple as.lol

Mine is an anagram of chiropractor which is what I used to be before I bumped heads with a the Registration body initiated twenty years after I started practice. They informed that I could not use those letters in that particular order so re-arranged them as my two-fingered salute to all bureaucrats everywhere. Maybe just time to just grow up! Don't hold your breath:)

Name + House number. Simple.... like me :White_Grandpa_Emoji

First Zappa i ever heard at newyear binge on Arran 45 years ago,now got all albums on vynil and cd,some cassettes too,i know i am a ZAPPA NERD.

I couldn't think of anything campervan or motorhome related so went for motorbike related, boring and unimaginative really. Some of the names I see on here are really good though and I find myself thinking damn wish I'd thought of something so clever.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back