Wake up and smell the coffee.

I’ve just bought a makita potable coffee machine and love it. I use coffee bags with it but I read somewhere that pods also work (not tassimo). Maybe not quite what your looking for but an idea. 81E883FB-60E1-4348-AF5B-94AAA71466A0.jpeg

I have purchased a magimix to try it when it arrives. The inverter calms to be put sine wave so we’ll see what the outcome is.

Maybe tell us make and model of inverter.

Some of the ebay inverters must be closet fishers because they claim the output is at least 59% higher than actual.

What is happening when you try your machine? Inverter cries out in pain and throws in the towel or does the machine just sit there doing nothing?

I have now sorted out the issue, the inverter is a Sterling 2700w unit but the output is quasi sine wave. The seller did claim that it would do the job but having spoken direct to the maker it will not power most coffee machines which require pure sine wave. So I need to purchase a more expensive inverter to enable me to use any one of my many coffee machines. So if anyone wants a 2700 watt unused inverter and doesn’t need to power a coffee machine I have one for sale.

I have now sorted out the issue, the inverter is a Sterling 2700w unit but the output is quasi sine wave. The seller did claim that it would do the job but having spoken direct to the maker it will not power most coffee machines which require pure sine wave. So I need to purchase a more expensive inverter to enable me to use any one of my many coffee machines. So if anyone wants a 2700 watt unused inverter and doesn’t need to power a coffee machine I have one for sale.
glad you found the problem just as I did, I can recommend a Giandel 2000w pure sine wave inverter from Amazon which cost £299.98 and this works my DeLonghi Nespresso EN550 machine whereas the modified sine wave one at £150 didn't . It also has good reviews. I picked up the Nespresso EN550 on Ebay for £50 after recommendations from Geeky Phil, it makes great coffee and also steam frothed the milk for cappuccino

Steamed milk? Another thing I don’t have to worry about.
The Aeropress + Lavazza, make superb coffee. Black, of course.

glad you found the problem just as I did, I can recommend a Giandel 2000w pure sine wave inverter from Amazon which cost £299.98 and this works my DeLonghi Nespresso EN550 machine whereas the modified sine wave one at £150 didn't . It also has good reviews. I picked up the Nespresso EN550 on Ebay for £50 after recommendations from Geeky Phil, it makes great coffee and also steam frothed the milk for cappuccino
Thanks I’ll take a look. The sterling option is very nice but quite pricey.

A hint, I suppose it has to be called a hack nowadays, when using the Aeropress, is to use it inverted. That is with the plunger in the cylinder and on the work surface , coffee in, stir and let brew. Then put the filter on, and CAREFULLY invert it onto the cup, then press the plunger in the normal way.
The brew then doesn’t seep past the filter, until you’re ready for it to. I’m getting a more mellow cupthat way.
Please take notice of CAREFULLY.
An alternative to this is to put the plunger in the top of the cylinder & leave it there, a small amount of coffee will drip through until a slight vacuum is formed. This is probably less likely to end in tears. Btw, we wouldn’t be without our Aeropress.

I wonder if this is helpful for anyone...

I have an old Nespresso machine (Krups Essenza) + ancient inverter (Streetwize 1000/2000W jagged pseudo sine wave effort).

I've known for a while that if I preheat the Krups at home & carry it out to the van my set-up has no trouble maintaining water temperature & working as normal.

The problem is a cold start when the heating element turns on & off for a few minutes before the Essenxa gives up trying & flashes an error light.

My work-around is to start the Nespresso machine in Descaling Mode (press & hold both buttons for 3 seconds).

I believe (guess) Descaling Mode has a lower target water temperature which it achieves, so no error lights & it gets nice & warm (steaming hot in fact) after a few minutes.

From there I can switch the Essenza into normal mode & I assume it ramps up the water temperature a bit more because after a couple more minutes it's ready to go as normal.

If I'm on a drive I just leave it on all the time so it's ready to go but if I park up for an hour or so I switch it off.

PS If anyone else has success like this it would be interesting to know & potential useful for more folk! Try with engine running if it fails without.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back