Water pump - help!

Phantom

Our moho taps have switches that operate the watertank pump. I just did the washing up and all was well, but when I operated the tap again the pump suddenly stopped after 2 seconds. The bathroom taps don't trigger the pump now either so it's not the tap switch. The water tank is about full and the hab elecs have not tripped as everything else is working. I checked the "Pumpe" fuse on the Electroblock and it is good. I'd be surprised if the pump would abruptly fail in just 2 seconds but that's all I can think of. It's too dark now so will try to find the problem tomorrow. I'm thinking of putting 12v direct to the waterpump to test it. Any other ideas? 🤔

Do the taps have switches or is the pump triggered by a drop of pressure in the system.
My Shurflow works on the latter principle with one switch near the pump.
My system runs on for a couple of seconds after tap is turned off which pressurises a small air vessel.
So you may have a dodgy switch which would explain the short spurt.
Yes hot wiring the pump would test whether it is the pump or a switch.

On a previous van I had a submersible pump which just failed like that. If you have a spare it’s a very simple replacement. I now always carry a spare pump, even on my current van which has a Reich tandem submersible pump.

Last edited:
Submersible pumps can just fail. If possible, just get a multimeter on the pump connectors. Easy enough to show if power is getting to the pump. If so, its the pump failed. If not, its switch/fuse/wiring.
My money is on pump failure.

Do the taps have switches or is the pump triggered by a drop of pressure in the system.
Yes hot wiring the pump would test whether it is the pump or a switch.
Taps have switches, the other taps are not operating either.

As your fulltime buy a spare and gas reg to..
I learned the hard way in spain 250 euros for regulator .
Assuming it is the pump, I do plan to carry a spare now as they are so cheap.
When in Aussie I paid $400 (£250) for a tyre as it was the only one they had that size for miles around! 😭

As your fulltime buy a spare and gas reg to..
I learned the hard way in spain 250 euros for regulator .
I've been whinging to anyone who'd listen since May last year. 130 Euro for my replacement. Looks like I got off cheaply.
Yes, and I do now carry a spare.
Before we are allowed to go out to play again, I'll replace the waterpump. It seems to be getting a little tired. Not a lot of point doing it yet. Reckon it will be post vaccine.

We had a water pump failure like you a few years ago, but ours was the pressure drop type. I ordered a new pump from the manufacturer ( Autosleeper) to be delivered while we were on holiday in France. The day it came, our old pump just started working again, and lasted till we sold the van 2 years later.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just eat out until one arrives off Ebay? 🤔
Its was cold at the time needed heating cooking fridge full of meat .
Needs must .
People rip you off, when they no your in trouble ..
No zip code when wildcamping ..

Many Motorhome taps have internal micro switches, for example, Hymer use Reich Taps which contain switches, and they very often fail.
You don’t mention which van you have, and wether you have a pressure pump or micro switches .
Glad it’s working again.

Many Motorhome taps have internal micro switches, for example, Hymer use Reich Taps which contain switches, and they very often fail.
You don’t mention which van you have, and wether you have a pressure pump or micro switches .
Glad it’s working again.
See first sentence of post 1. 😆👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back