Water pump/no water through taps

It worked last weekend. We then drained and now refilled water and closed frost valve.
Are you initially attempting to obtain cold water or hot water?

There is a reason for this question!
Try first using one cold water tap (or cold water setting on a mixer tap). Give it time for water to come through pipework.

Are you initially attempting to obtain cold water or hot water?

There is a reason for this question!
Try first using one cold water tap (or cold water setting on a mixer tap). Give it time for water to come through pipework.
Yes cold water but still nothing is coming through.

Yes cold water but still nothing is coming through.
OK, in that case, it does sound as though it's an issue with the pump. I have no experience with Whale submersible pumps. Others have suggested that it might be simply a priming issue, otherwise it could be a more serious problem with the pump - perhaps frost damage if there was water in it when temperatures were below freezing, perhaps an impeller issue.

if pump was operated while frozen ,i can imagine the electric motor spindle stripping the plastic impmpeller . so you could still hear it spinning even though it's ruined

if pump was operated while frozen ,i can imagine the electric motor spindle stripping the plastic impeller . so you could still hear it spinning even though it's ruined
Or the water may have frozen and expanded, cracking the pump. :(

We had an issue with no water coming through having emptied & refilled (not sure of our pump make/model, so this may not apply...). Pretty sure our problem was an air lock. We drove around for a bit (actually, aborted a short trip & drove home) and presto! water came through fine.
Just a thought

Hi All, well after having 4 nights away in the motorhome without any water coming through taps, we drove home & tried the pump again and guess what, water comes flowing from the taps! Sod’s Law! Thanks for all your suggestions though… 👍

Yes it seemed to be. Next time we fill up with water we will make sure the taps are all open!
Not a matter of open taps, once system is full switch on pump & open hot taps first to fill Boiler once flowing through without spitting then shut off & run Cold taps till no air in system.

if so why was there no water all over the place .cheyenne
If water freezes, expands and cracks a submersible pump when the tank has been drained, probably leaving a bit in the tank, I'm not sure that there would be that much water anywhere else.

I always carry some water in containers so never reliant on tank or pump

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back