Weather Report..................

Cold start but as promised we being treated to some sunny intervals, gentle breeze and 14°. Perfect for getting outside jobs done before we head off at the end of next week, hopefully for some warmer weather.

Dreaful storms and flooding here in Thailand. People dead an vast areas under water .Streets in Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai water waist high and raging torrents I judge we will be OK as there is a large flood plain (or basin) where we are. (Uttaradit).
The floods will move south and there will be floods after the river Nan confluences with the river PING (Chiang mai to Nakhon Sawan) and becomes the Chao Praya. Somewhat like the Ouse and Trent becoming the Humber

IMG20240913102151.jpg
What a fabulous day it's been. Dry, blue skies, 14 degrees and the lightest breeze. ☀️⛅⛅

Walked our socks off at Beamish Museum, and loved the place. The staff are universally knowledgeable, kind and helpful. But it's not surprising as that's typical of the North East. (I'm biased as my mother was a Northumbrian Geordie.) 😄

IMG20240914124521.jpg

It's beautiful here, 20 degrees, dry, bright, the lightest breeze, and with the lovely the scent of the North Sea. ⛅⛅⛅

Turn left, head inland, and in a few more miles I'll be 'Home' amongst my family again. Since childhood, wherever I've travelled, this is the area I love most. 😀

IMG20240915120035.jpg
Another cracker, 18 degrees, a light westerley breeze and happy memories. ⛅☀️☀️

My mother went to the Duchess School opposite the Barbican in the 1930s. It's currently being turned into a hotel. 😱

Back