Weather Report..................

Strange day again. Cold, overcast and a brief hint of rain.. Management had planned a massive laundry day, sweaty bedding and towels, festering in the basket. By 0830, we were breakfasting outside, by 9.30, two washer loads we fluttering away and a third in the machine.
I walked into the village as it clouded over again. Most of the locals were in summer clothes, carrying umbrellas. Thought I'd be in for a soaking, that never came. By 11, we were under the parasol drinking coffee with friends, while sweltering.
By 4pm, the heat was oppressive. By 5.30 we'd grabbed some shade to drink wine, welcoming a new neighbour
Just finished dining out on the terrace, the wind has changed and it's a chilly 24'
We've all put sweaters on.
Tomorrow is forecast to be a scorcher

It's a scorcher .. Already.
Sweet breezes help.
The local version of Radio 3 has been churning out a solid hour of cheesy French songs from the 60s and 70s. To celebrate Bastille day, to please Ex-pat French people and returned Portuguese pensioners.
Made my fillings twinge.
Thank God for the cricket on radio 5SX..
I'll put that on good and loud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Careful Paul, I got moderated (in a nice way) for using the word Frogs ;)
I have a few in my garden pond. Maybe I should put some French flags out ;)
Looks like I've had a smack bottie too?
If any Crapauds were offended by my irreverent references, I'm sure that they would have made themselves heard, by now ?I wouldn't be too upset, even if they called me a Rosebif..
Meanwhile, it's 36 under the parasol.
The Cricket is back, I'm enjoying the strangled vowels of the Kiwi commentators.Hope a wucket doesn't fall.

It's an absolutely wonderful end to the day here at the New Forest rally, with the sun lending a wonderful golden glow to everything around us. So much more mellow than the bright white light earlier today.

Colin ???

Back