Weather Report..................

lovely cool evening. .. Dining on the upper terrace.
I have lost my voice and sobriety, listening to the cricket... What an afternoon, especially as a freak gust shattered my UK phone, my Portuguese dongle wouldn't allow access to the BBC radio. Luckily, The Undermanager had data to spare .
We were there.. A 1966 , Bobby Moor moment.. " They think it's all over...... "... It is now..
If I've ever offended any person, living, dead or imaginary, I'm prepared to grovellingly apologise, ..That applies for all creatures, even amphibious ones.
good night ?

Last evening we had a great time burning carbon fuel under a pretty much clear sky:

IMG_20190714_215814.jpg

Looking south we had the moon, Saturn and Jupiter in a line not far above the horizon. The moon is almost full right now so it dominated the sky:

IMG_20190714_221918.jpg

Then, about 23:47, the International Space Station moved across the sky from west to east linking Jupiter, the moon and Saturn. A wonderful combination of nature and man's achievements.

This morning we have a brisk 16°C breeze at the rally in Hampshire, patchy cloud and a positive attitude to life.

Colin ???

Last evening we had a great time burning carbon fuel under a pretty much clear sky:

View attachment 47573

Looking south we had the moon, Saturn and Jupiter in a line not far above the horizon. The moon is almost full right now so it dominated the sky:

View attachment 47574

Then, about 23:47, the International Space Station moved across the sky from west to east linking Jupiter, the moon and Saturn. A wonderful combination of nature and man's achievements.

This morning we have a brisk 16°C breeze at the rally in Hampshire, patchy cloud and a positive attitude to life.

Colin ???
What a shame that you are reduced to wandering around the country with, what appears to be, a dodgy crowd of geriatric nomads..
We wish we could have been there with you all.

We're in for a moderate scorcher, 36 in the shade, about siesta time. Gentle breezes from all points of the compass, should help.

I've noted Pauljenny's (Paul's) comments and left (at least some) of the dodgy geriatric nomads at the rather brilliant New Forest rally. Here in Wiltshire I hope to find much younger fellow moho-ers closer to my age group.
Having said that, the setting sun has made the nearby building site look quite ancient:

IMG_20190715_203520.jpg

Colin ???

We sat by Annie's fire bucket (I think that's what she called it) here on The Drove last night admiring Stonehenge, the full moon, the few stars that the moon permitted to shine through - and then two passes of the International Space Station. The first pas was fairly close to the moon so our view wasn't continuous. The second , 90 minutes later, was much higher in the sky (at it's closest to us it was over Normandy) and it mimicked a moving star as it traversed from horizon to horizon in about 6 minutes.
Early in the evening we were joined by a couple of newly-wed Brazilians who were touring Europe as part of their honeymoon. Lovely people with a wide range of fascinating experiences already in their young lives. I'm hoping that we'll have more interaction with them via Motorhomer.com.
About midnight mist rolled across Salisbury Plain and filled the shallow dip between us and Stonehenge. This image looks as if it's two quite separate photos combined into one:

IMG_20190716_001406.jpg

It really hasn't been enhanced in any way.

Colin ???

I've noted Pauljenny's (Paul's) comments and left (at least some) of the dodgy geriatric nomads at the rather brilliant New Forest rally. Here in Wiltshire I hope to find much younger fellow moho-ers closer to my age group.
Having said that, the setting sun has made the nearby building site look quite ancient:

View attachment 47587

Colin ???
Don't buy it Colin.. The roof has been gone too long ago and the foundations will be impossible to bring up to modern standards.
36' at 0730, in sunshine. 28 in the breezy shade.
Ho hum !

Back