Weather Report..................

Been an ok day in Cheshire, a couple of showers and some sunshine mixed in. However everything is still absolutely sodden, I did some more hedge cutting and turned the annual brash heap in the field, it’ll be a while before I can think of burning it ........
Thanks Dave, You've done a good job.

From a thousand feet, once we'd got under the cloud , Cheshire looked pristine.. so green and scrubbed clean.
It's a little parky, but so long as it doesn't get worse,
We'll not complain, ( too loudly ).
We'll stay in bed till 9 am, to miss the early rain and allow the streets to warm up.

Not as bad as we expected, 15 degrees , until you suddenly came into contact with the chill Northerly wind.
We gave the main shopping drag, running north/ south, a miss.,always trying to keep buildings to our north.
Eventually ended up at Wetherspoons. Coffee and rum cures frostbite !

horrid muckyday.....biting wind......rain........on a positive........the trees on the stray really are looking beautiful.......all dressed up in their autumn colours........ shame the fallen leaves are so wet and slippery.........no good for kicking around in that state......ah well.....

horrid muckyday.....biting wind......rain........on a positive........the trees on the stray really are looking beautiful.......all dressed up in their autumn colours........ shame the fallen leaves are so wet and slippery.........no good for kicking around in that state......ah well.....
Not too bad news, Trixie...
At least you're still young enough to even consider kicking the leaves around.

Hertfordshire has started the day with a particularly beautiful autumnal feel with frost and a slight mist:

IMG_20191106_072150.jpg

I'm confident that some excercise around the rolling Herts countryside will happen this morning!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Well, what a morning to be out and about.
The Hertfordshire trees are showing off:

IMG_20191106_105128.jpg

..... and the leaves really do look amazing against the blue sky:

IMG_20191106_105153.jpg

Then, on Nomansland Common, the Fly Agaric fruiting bodies were also showing off as they released millions of spores:

IMG_20191106_115633.jpg

These are the 'Magic Mushrooms' that, amongst others, the invaders from Scandinavia used prior to combat.

IMG_20191106_115651~2.jpg

They contain a psychoactive substance, as some of you experimenting in the 1960's and 1970's will remember. They can be eaten but need parboiling a couple of times before 'enjoying'.
I don't these days.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
It‘s a dry start but ominously grey in Cheshire, so I don’t think it’s going to stay dry for long .........
Too true, Dave.
6 degrees, drizzle.
Shopping. 🤐
After being told to wait outside Debenhams, Monsoon, Rackham's, WH Smug and finally, M&S, because, she says I'm barred from all of them, We ended up in Wetherspoons .( I'm still ok there ). Saved money on the rummy coffees again..
When I suggested further savings, I was outvoted .

Back