Weather Report..................

Considering all the fuss I’ve seen much worse here. OK it’s wet and windy, 10 degrees, but the maximum should only be 55mph or so and after 2 o’clock 45 mph.

4B634B3B-A37F-4842-AE4F-0437C6A43FEB.png

Considering all the fuss I’ve seen much worse here. OK it’s wet and windy, 10 degrees, but the maximum should only be 55mph or so and after 2 o’clock 45 mph.

Agreed Bill, hardly any Manchester flights cancelled and if that’s the worst we are going to get then it hasn’t been that bad inland, looks much worse on the Welsh coast. The strong gusts have died down and it’s stopped raining for the moment .....

Looks promising for Paul and Jenny on their flight to Manchester too. Wind is down the runway there. I think that London will fare far worse, with 70 mph winds from the South there so lots of airport disruption, as well as trains.

Herts has become progressively more windy since midnight and the rain started in the early hours.
This morning the wind has been very variable with spells of relatively light wind interspersed with very windy spells indeed.
And with the strong winds comes downpours of rain.
I'm thinking of missing the bike ride today!

I hope everyone sees the far side of Storm Ciara unscathed.

Colin :):):)

I think they are flying out of Faro to get to Manchester later tonight, if so, it’s a Jet2 flight. The outbound from Manchester is on time and their flight doesn’t get into Manchester until 19.45, so should weather should have eased a little bit by then 🤔🤞🏻 Its much brighter now ...........

image.jpg

A bit of misinformation on Manchester Airport site, the flight out was actually delayed by 30 minutes, so just on it’s descent to Faro.

Last edited:
Been pretty blustery with rain on and off all day, but not too much to write home about, apart from a couple of particularly squally spells with horizontal rain (and plants!).

But Lotusanne has posted on FB and it looks pretty bad down in Todmorden - cellar flooded, river burst banks, worst she's ever seen there...

:oops: :confused:

Friends at Heathrow have had their flight cancelled - they were only going to Costa Rica, nowhere special😟. another flew from Edinburgh to Stansted, did a few circuits around then returned to Edinburgh without landing.....
meanwhilein France- it been very windy but no rain....

Back