Weather Report..................

The forecast was for a beautiful day, last night.
I fitted the industrial grade smug filter to the camera, to avoid upsetting those less fortunate.
IMG-20200409-WA0004.jpeg

It seems to be working perfectly.

Itโ€™s been raining and will continue on and off all day. 7 degrees. Any other time weโ€™d have escaped South in the van. โ˜”โ˜โ˜”

I really feel for you both, Bill.
Once the pandemic is behind us we'll all get together in a warm, dry field somewhere attractive.

Colin ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

My statutory exercise today was a bike ride up to Dunstable Downs. This is the view over the London Gliding Club at the base of the escarpment:

IMG_20200409_150748.jpg

Slightly hazy but uplifting, even if one isn't a glider.

Colin ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

Today started off been damp with a bit drizzle aro dinner time the sun was trying to appear sadly it didnโ€™t make it.... but it was still with no wind forecast to be sunny tomorrow and Saturday

It's lovely weather here in Hertfordshire with wall to wall blue and still air.
Not only that but it's miserable old gits time at the local Sainsbury's on Fridays from 0800-0900 - even today, Good Friday.
So, needing some plain white flour (see the bread making thread!), I cycled over to join the back of the 150 metre queue at 0745. I have to say that I felt a little out of place standing in the well spaced line in cycling shorts, helmet and fluorescent jacket but did my best to fit in with the senior banter.
We (literally) shuffled forward and as we neared the store there was a member of Sainsbury's staff sorting out and shaming the over-seventy imposters.
I was really disappointed that my age wasn't questioned.

Colin :):):)

It's lovely weather here in Hertfordshire with wall to wall blue and still air.
Not only that but it's miserable old gits time at the local Sainsbury's on Fridays from 0800-0900 - even today, Good Friday.
So, needing some plain white flour (see the bread making thread!), I cycled over to join the back of the 150 metre queue at 0745. I have to say that I felt a little out of place standing in the well spaced line in cycling shorts, helmet and fluorescent jacket but did my best to fit in with the senior banter.
We (literally) shuffled forward and as we neared the store there was a member of Sainsbury's staff sorting out and shaming the over-seventy imposters.
I was really disappointed that my age wasn't questioned.

Colin :):):)
Maybe you should have taken your helmet off Colin ........๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‚ ... or not, if you did ๐Ÿคฃ

Funny old day.

grey, muggy 16 degrees at 8.00.

Sunny broken clouds and 23, with a boisterous Easterly wind, by 11.00

Went for our healthy walk. The Wind started playing roulette ,spinning round the compass.

Home, an hour later, sweat soaked.

changed into shorts and Tee shirts.

Lunch outside, as the clouds rolled in .

A rain shower.

Whatever next ?

Funny old day.

grey, muggy 16 degrees at 8.00.

Sunny broken clouds and 23, with a boisterous Easterly wind, by 11.00

Went for our healthy walk. The Wind started playing roulette ,spinning round the compass.

Home, an hour later, sweat soaked.

changed into shorts and Tee shirts.

Lunch outside, as the clouds rolled in .

A rain shower.

Whatever next ?

..... snow? Hail? Fog? Hurricane?
Surely the goatherd can advise, Paul?

Colin ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

The forecast for Hertfordshire includes unbroken blue sky.
Right now it's cloudy, some of it quite dark. I rather suspect that our forecaster went to the same training afternoon that Paul's Portuguese forecaster attended.

Colin ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

Back