Weather Report..................

We had plenty of heavy rain showers, lightning and thunder last evening over Hertfordshire.
Right now it's dry, overcast and breezy out there, though later today the weather is forecast to revert to sunshine.
My fingers are crossed - I'm not bored with sunshine just yet.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Guess who left the big brolly up on the lawn overnight :rolleyes:. It was leaning against the kitchen window when I opened the blinds this morning. That's my job-of-the-day sorted, mending/splinting three of the broken arms.
Oh yeah, tis windy down yere but sunny too.

It's felt really chilly today with a strong north-westerly breeze. The temperature has dropped about 11°C from yesterday's comfortable 24°C.
So I've been playing with one of my paraffin stoves. This is a radius No. 20:

IMG_20200413_104050.jpg

............a half pint beauty in my eyes. It fired up straight away and would out perform any gas canister stove in terms of robustness, output and reliability at pretty much any ambient temperature.
This afternoon the sun is due to arrive, though temperatures aren't anticipated to significantly rise for the next couple of days.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Very frosty here this morning still we are on lockdown so don’t suppose it matters what the weather does 😔

I had expected to wake up to frost too, Annie, but it's frost free this morning in Herts and currently about 4°C.
It's forecast to be slightly warmer than yesterday with an easterly breeze and patchy cloud until this afternoon then lots of sunshine.
That's more like it!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Goodly dose of rain overnight.started at 0130.
Lovely warm night.
Gave it 10 minutes, to clean the roof, then stripped off, danced across the terrace and connected up the cisterns. Wearing only a hat and a smile.

Toweled down and back into bed.
At 3.30, Management have me a dig in the ribs... " It's raining "..... " Yes dear "
" Don't you want to go outside ? "....
" No dear ".
It's forecast to continue raining for the next 48 hours.
So, it's a clear, sunny morning, of course.

Frost overnight but gorgeous sunny morning, up to 6 degrees and climbing, even better if you can keep out of the south easterly breeze 👍👍
Exciting update ..... our local bakers have just extended their delivery range ........ fresh pies 🥧!!!!!! Mmmmmmmm 😋😋

💚💚💚
How big is their delivery area?

Back