Weather Report..................

George Vancouver..
Inventor of a machine for cleaning motorhome carpets ?

I'll get me coat..

A bright 21 degrees at 0830.

Beautiful.!

By 0930 we have gentle NW breezes bringing 60% clouds.

Forecast to stay that way until teatime../ Gin O'clock.

Max of 28..

Might manage a stroll to the village, this evening..

We'll settle for this.

Duw it's been warm here today in west Wales
smokin.gif

35 here again in Norfolk. Borrowed my daughters car this afternoon to go into town. A/C on Auto. Lo showing on the temp readout and drove away waiting for the cold blast......... that didn’t come. We drove for about 2 miles, windows open, hot air blasting out of the air vents...... till I pressed the button to turn the AC compressor on........🤬

I think we’ve been spoilt by our motor home and car, both of which have auto climate control and Lo showing on the display means “bloody cold”....

Anyway, it’s cooling down a bit outside now, thermometers telling me it’s only 27.

30 cool degrees on the terrace.
T shirt on.
The potted plants have been dormant for the last month..
They are now reviving.
Sign of things to come..
Still living outdoors.
Only go indoors to use bathroom, bedroom and kitchen.
Mustn't crumble.

All set for a glass of wine and nibbles by the beach and the heavens opened.
Thanks Colin, but I was expecting a flash and the odd rumble too ;)

I'm doing my best here, Chris.
Have you any idea how manic things have been over the past couple of days?
I'll double-check your order and see what I can do to expedite it.
In the meantime I've organised the maximum incidence of the Perseid meteor shower tonight - perhaps 100 meteorites per hour. The best time to view will be from about 2300 to 0400. Assuming you're still fishing at the 'mackerel' beach and there's a clear sky you should get a brilliant view since there's so little light pollution there.
Superlative customer service or what?

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
I saw lots of Perseid meteorites (perhaps 30 or 40?) last night until the cloud arrived at about 0030. Some just streaks across the sky, some a bright ball with a tail.
Literally brilliant.
The display will be visible with the naked eye for the next week or so, though the number per hour will gradually diminish. On the other hand, the moon will become less of a light pollutant, so it'll still be well worth looking should a clear night present itself. The meteorites appear to come from the northeast about 45° above the horizon at about 2300, gradually changing to overhead by about 0400 as the earth rotates.
The weather in Norfolk has changed dramatically. It's now cloudy with a gentle breeze and a temperature of only 20°C - which feels quite chilly after the amazing weather of the past few days.

I rather fancy flying the larger kite this afternoon.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Back