Weather Report..................

It's overcast in a lovely shade of light grey here just south of Cambridge.
It's surprisingly warm with an increasing likelyhood of rain and/or showers and/or thunderstorms - so I'm about to be dragged out on a bike ride into the City and back around the cycle tracks.
It's a hard life away from the Iberian Peninsula.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

An old pal of mine is celebrating his 80 th birthday with a socially responsible garden party..
Just checked the Leeds weather.. Oh dear..!
We're heartbroken that we can't be with them.. a bunch of damp, plastered pensioners....
WhatsApp call booked for 3 pm.
How can we avoid any vestige of Smugness .?
Suggestions please.

An old pal of mine is celebrating his 80 th birthday with a socially responsible garden party..
Just checked the Leeds weather.. Oh dear..!
We're heartbroken that we can't be with them.. a bunch of damp, plastered pensioners....
WhatsApp call booked for 3 pm.
How can we avoid any vestige of Smugness .?
Suggestions please.

Wear a raincoat. Out of camera shot Jenny sprays you with a hose in one had and beats a metal tray with a wooden spoon in the other hand. Arrange for the lights to flicker when you want to simulate lightening strikes.
There, that should do it.
It is, after all, what I do whenever I call someone north of Watford.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

The birthday party.
We'd showered, put posh tops on... No worries, below that. Set a table up in the most smug free part of the lower terrace.
Camera perfectly positioned... Fizzy drinks in shot.
The WhatsApp came on..
There they all were, in grey black and white.
We chatted to them all, raised our glasses, and as we started singing .. That's when the heavens opened.

25 in the shade, light clouds Westerly breezes.
35 max forecast.

Last edited:
Back