Weather Report..................

22 cool, calm degrees.
Finished the last of June's rainwater.
So we're on water saving
4 weeks supplies left in cistern.
Experience shows that removing clothing at meal time, reduces the number of washing machine cycles.
Should be interesting...
Tonight, we're dining outside a restaurant in Town.

Woke up to something different today in west Wales - no rain!

Forecast is for 5 dry days as well!

We'll see....

Yes that didn't last long!

It started raining at 10.30
rainonme.gif

We had intermittent blue skies and intermittent kite-worthy breezes here in Hertfordshire this morning.
There was a blue sky and a good breeze while I was preparing the kite on the grass, then ...........
.......... guess what happened next? 🤔😅🤔😂🤔🤣.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Now.......is that breeze sufficiently strong to support a kite........mmmmmmm.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

It wasn't.
So I pottered off around the lanes on the Brompton. It was absolutely glorious - warm colours with still, warm air and Nature's bounty in abundance.
Then a wasp hit the crash hat at speed, bounced forward and down, and landed on my nose. The stupid thing clearly wasn't looking where it was going and I suspect that it was pißßed on the locally grown fermented hedgerow juice.
Whereupon it stung me.
If I crossed my eyes and looked down, I could see it on my nose (in fact I could see two of it) and could now most certainly feel it. I took a swipe at it but, what with it being on my nose I didn't want to swipe too closely and just clipped it on the wing.
Whereupon it stung me a second time.
I tried to keep at least one eye on the road and just the one other on the wasp and took another swipe, clipping my nose and missing the wasp.
Whereupon it stung me a third time and flew off, clearly not impressed with Hertfordshire's finest.
My nose swelled, looked ridiculous and felt uncomfortable for the following 40 km or so, but at least by the time I got home the swelling had subsided and passers-by were no longer pointing and laughing.
And yes, I still love September.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Back