Weather Report..................

Pauljenny;n6767 said:
It worked..
warm and cloudless at 11pm. We left the Velux rooflights ajar.

At 2 am.... Pitter-patter.
We jumped out of bed,shut the Veluxes and brought the laundry in, getting slightly damp, in the process.

The rain had stopped before we were back in bed.... Good excuse to listen to the cricket..

Lovely sunny 18 degrees, breakfast on the upper terrace. We can see that the coast is very gloomy and cloudy, 7 miles to the south.

Luckily the wind is currently gentle NNW.

We are walking the 500 metres to the monthly open-air gipsy market.

The laundry is hanging back up again.
What could go wrong?

Thanks Paul.
Frankly I'm appalled that gypsies are sold in Portugal. I had rather assumed that that sort of thing died out two or three centuries ago.
Despite that please keep the weather reports coming.

Colin ???

Full Member;n6837 said:
..........or both?

28°C here on the Canary islands today. Just thought you'd like to know.

Colin ???

No good complaining, you chose to go there :cool:

Edina;n6840 said:
No good complaining, you chose to go there :cool:

Get back to yer CT!
Canadian (rabbit) stew for e this evening. Annie please note!

Colin ???

Raining here in n/ireland,hope it takes the cold away for rest of the week,i might do some work.

Full Member;n6838 said:
Thanks Paul.
Frankly I'm appalled that gypsies are sold in Portugal. I had rather assumed that that sort of thing died out two or three centuries ago.
Despite that please keep the weather reports coming.

Colin ???

Ha ha..
Until Quite recently the Gypsies had the only means of transport that was.able to reach remote villages and bring merchandise on a regular basis, because the roads were so bad. They could live while travelling to the next place, not needing to return to base, between markets... Wild Camping?
The gear had to be good quality because they be back every month of the year .
Nowadays, they all have Merc vans, filled with Chinese tat.

It's still a social event, we go for the Piri piri chicken, drink and gossip.

We came back with Goats cheese, Presunto ham, slippers, dried beans, knickers and.potted flowers and herbs... And a wooden top... Don't ask me what The Child Bride plans to do with it.

Pauljenny;n6919 said:
Ha ha..
Until Quite recently the Gypsies had the only means of transport that was.able to reach remote villages and bring merchandise on a regular basis, because the roads were so bad. They could live while travelling to the next place, not needing to return to base, between markets... Wild Camping?
The gear had to be good quality because they be back every month of the year .
Nowadays, they all have Merc vans, filled with Chinese tat.

It's still a social event, we go for the Piri piri chicken, drink and gossip.

We came back with Goats cheese, Presunto ham, slippers, dried beans, knickers and.potted flowers and herbs... And a wooden top... Don't ask me what The Child Bride plans to do with it.

I had no idea about the gypsies - something learned so thank you.
Goats cheese, presunto ham, dried beans, potted flowers, herbs I can imagine a use for.
The balance leaves my imagination in a muddle.

Colin ???

Last edited:
I'm concerned lest it is thought that life is easy and the body always warm here on Lanzarote. They're not.
Today we visited the caves at the northern end of the island. It was 28°C on the way there so tolerable.
The caves are in fact volcanic tubes generally about 10-25 metres in diameter. About 25000 years ago lava flowed here in the form of rivers. Gradually the outer surface solidified leaving the lava flowing in tubes of solidified rock. The tubes are several kilometres long and, when the lava stopped flowing at the volcano end, the tubes emptied of molten lava so forming the caves we see today.
The caves are about 50 metres below ground level and as one descends the temperature plummets from a comfortable 28°C to, would you believe it, 17°C! Had I not had my T-shirt with me I may not have survived to tell this tale.
I trust the weather is tolerable in the UK.

Colin ???

Morning (just)!! Well it's been raining here tonight so hopefully it'll be a frost free night!! (Here tonight is Berwick Upon Tweed)!!!

Just started to rain here so no frost at Abingdon.

Raining here too, ne'er mind, soon be spring

Makes you feel sorry for those folk stuck abroad missing this seasonal weather

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeanette;n6950 said:
Morning (just)!! Well it's been raining here tonight so hopefully it'll be a frost free night!! (Here tonight is Berwick Upon Tweed)!!!

Thanks for the update. Are you moving around the UK right now, Jeanette?

Colin ???

Campervanannie;n6956 said:
Just started to rain here so no frost at Abingdon.

Perhaps the cold snap is over, Annie? I hope you all had/are having a great time at Abingdon.

Colin ???

Edina;n6965 said:
Raining here too, ne'er mind, soon be spring

Makes you feel sorry for those folk stuck abroad missing this seasonal weather

Now that is funny, Chris!

Colin ???

According to BBC, it's overcast most of the day with a little rain later and temperatures may hit 8'c

Tes;n6989 said:
According to BBC, it's overcast most of the day with a little rain later and temperatures may hit 8'c

From what you're all reporting it's going to feel positively balmy today. Thanks, Tes.

Colin ???

It looks as if today is going to be yet another one of those difficult-to-deal-with days. And to prove it this is sunrise.

WP_20171127_07_39_27_Pro.jpg

Sigh.

Colin ???

Full Member;n6998 said:
It looks as if today is going to be yet another one of those difficult-to-deal-with days. And to prove it this is sunrise.

Sigh.

Colin ???

pwiiitttttyyyyyy

Back in Glasgow :Umbrella_Rain_Drops:Umbrella_Rain_Drops:Umbrella_Rain_Drops

oldish hippy;n7016 said:
well it soggy out there once again so wet not raining but looks like more onway

Best not to leave the flat without the baseball cap today, Barrie. Thanks for the update from CL (Edina please note!).

Colin ???

Back