Weather Report..................

Strangely enough, Annie, we've planned homemade pizza for tomorrow evening.
Buon appetito!

Colin :):):)
We have pizzas most Fridays as we have a really good pizzeria in the village and makes all the bases to order but on this lockdown he has shut up shop so we don’t know if he’s ill or not enough business to keep open so we made our own last Friday with shop bought bases which were like cardboard so I’ll make the bases in my new mixer not the one you recommended I went for a Tower one that was on special offer half price so far it’s really good so the old one is in the charity box.

After a busy morning in the garden, following a week indoors, we found half a tin of Corned beef, hiding at the back of the freezer.
There's Panic buying of Brit products here, ( They're desperate for Andrex toilet rolls, ), so we can't bear to throw it away .. Yorkshire upbringing.
So, as the wind turns northerly. And temperatures fall,. We'll be having a chilli con carne.
I'll report tomorrow, if the meat was safe...
Or maybe I won't 🤢

After a busy morning in the garden, following a week indoors, we found half a tin of Corned beef, hiding at the back of the freezer.
There's Panic buying of Brit products here, ( They're desperate for Andrex toilet rolls, ), so we can't bear to throw it away .. Yorkshire upbringing.
So, as the wind turns northerly. And temperatures fall,. We'll be having a chilli con carne.
I'll report tomorrow, if the meat was safe...
Or maybe I won't 🤢
Well that deserves 🤞🏻🤞🏻 for tomorrow Paul 🤔

It's bright, breezy and just below zero in Herts.
So today's bike ride will be as chilly as yesterday until I warm through - and against the breeze will be especially so with the wind chill factored in.
Brrrrrr.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

It was -1°C by the time I started cycling around the Hertfordshire lanes this afternoon and 2½ hours later when I got home the head wind had most certainly picked up (to 24kph) and the temperature had dropped to -3°C. 'Chilly but stimulating' sums it up in a non-expletive manner and without referring to brass piece-parts.

At -5°C Herts was chilly earlier but a breeze had kept frost away.
The sunrise was spectacular with a dazzling display of oranges, reds and blues.
Now the sky is mainly bright blue and the breeze, if anything, is building.
And even better, temperatures are set to rise with highs in double figures within a day or two - and I'm looking forward to the change.

Too warm in the bright sunshine today! Currently looking for the sunhats and putting the woolly ones out of sight😁😎😎
Oooh, that is so close to needing a smug filter Ruth 😂, just above freezing here and the wind chill has crept up to -9, forecasters reckon we are now due for 2 hours of heavy snow 🙄🤔 Only exercise today has been dashing for coal and logs !!

By 10am, it was glorious
Gardening until 12.30, seriously underdressed.
Lunch outside, siesta for Management, pottering and sunbathing for the workforce.
Another couple of hours until coming in at 6pm.
We realised that we'd not heard the phone pinging...
I'd forgotten to charge it, being so keen to get outside..
Great to be outside again after being confined indoors by the foul weather... Locked up in lockdown.?

Got the perfect excuse for forgetting Valentine's Day rigmarole purchases.
Cool clear starry starry night.
The crickets shut up at 8.
More tomorrow, please.

It's currently grey, dry and about 1°C in Hertfordshire with still air.
The really good news is that the temperature is forecast to climb pretty much linearly over the coming 36 hours to a maximum of about 14°C.
And that is also heartwarming.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Back