Weather Report..................

Loved Chenonceaux.
What a history !
We did the tour, slipping with a coachload of Yankeess..
Most were to busy videoing, swinging their lenses to follow the commentary. What they will remember by the time they had done the full 17 day Explore Europe Tour, will be endless short squirts with shaky movements, in between.
Tip:
The coach parties are processed through the gift shops, fast food cafe, with coffee from a coin fed machine. The food is dire and expensive. Then it's all use the toilets and back on the coach to the next place..
If you pass straight through that lot, and turn left, away from the coach parking, There's a lovely proper restaurant, serving Plats du Jour.. And proper coffee. Much cheaper

Loved Chenonceaux.
What a history !
We did the tour, slipping with a coachload of Yankeess..
Most were to busy videoing, swinging their lenses to follow the commentary. What they will remember by the time they had done the full 17 day Explore Europe Tour, will be endless short squirts with shaky movements, in between.
Tip:
The coach parties are processed through the gift shops, fast food cafe, with coffee from a coin fed machine. The food is dire and expensive. Then it's all use the toilets and back on the coach to the next place..
If you pass straight through that lot, and turn left, away from the coach parking, There's a lovely proper restaurant, serving Plats du Jour.. And proper coffee. Much cheaper
I visited Chenonceaux on my first ever trip to France, in September 1976. We camped and brought a shedload of Sainsburys tinned food with us to supplement our £170 spending money @ FFr 8.96. We would have survived but blew FFr270 on a pewter picture, so had to return 3 days earlier than planned ... Happy days!

Steve

Two of the houses with melted snow on them, surrounding houses are still very snowed up.

The rozzers should drive round looking for these and tap on the doors :D :D

1678447534924.jpeg
1678447562868.jpeg

Reactions: 2cv
Two of the houses with melted snow on them, surrounding houses are still very snowed up.

The rozzers should drive round looking for these and tap on the doors :D :D

View attachment 66150
View attachment 66151
When did insulation [or lack of it] become a Police matter, Kev [apart from when arresting people who have glued themselves to the road or similar?]. The Police should be investigating crime

Steve
A wee drop snow overnight, now gone. Warm in the sun, even the bees 🐝 in the hive at rear of house are active. View attachment 66155View attachment 66156View attachment 66156
A Ken Bruce classic from 30+ years ago, concerning 3 honeymoon couples [who just happened to be English, Irish and Scottish] at breakfast in the honeymoon hotel ...

Englishman leans towards his new wife and says, 'Please pass the sugar, Sugar'
Irishman does the same but says, 'Please pass the honey, Honey'
Scotsman leans towards his new wife and says, 'Gonnae pass the bacon you pig ....' :D

Steve

When did insulation [or lack of it] become a Police matter, Kev [apart from when arresting people who have glued themselves to the road or similar?]. The Police should be investigating crime

Steve
When they are growing weed Steve.

When they are growing weed Steve.
If you have grounds to suspect that Kev, then report it to the Police, but I think it would require more heat than the small area of melted snow would suggest. Might just be a burst pipe where the loft hatch has been left open to get some drying heat into the roofspace!

Steve

If you have grounds to suspect that Kev, then report it to the Police, but I think it would require more heat than the small area of melted snow would suggest. Might just be a burst pipe where the loft hatch has been left open to get some drying heat into the roofspace!

Steve
I think it was a tongue in cheek post well I at least saw the humour in it. 🤣

Back