Weather Report..................

Down to 5 degrees, outside. Everyone in the village has more heating and lights on, as the voltage drops.
That's when the power cuts start. Right on 11.00, As a TV show ends, they all flush their toilets.. That brings in the huge pump that brings water from the valley bottom, up to the cisterns on the hilltop. .. Bang... Pitch black.
Goodnight

bright and chilly this morning, just waiting for grandkids then off to Legoland Manchester for a birthday treat (no not mine ?) so weather wont matter..........

If I recall correctly from my student days at Exeter University Slapton Sands was a nudist beach. We even managed to persuade the powers that be to take us there on a field trip to study the “geology”! I trust that it’s plenty warm enough for you lot then!
Tony

If I recall correctly from my student days at Exeter University Slapton Sands was a nudist beach. We even managed to persuade the powers that be to take us there on a field trip to study the “geology”! I trust that it’s plenty warm enough for you lot then!
Tony

It still is, Tony.
I have a nervous disposition so watching the other three cavorting along the strand was frankly more than I could bear last evening.
So it was an early night for me.

Colin ???

Hey, we have clouds. ..! Light, fluffy ones. Haven't seen one of those for weeks,
Winds spinning round like a .... Windmill... Sitting outside, socks and sleeves weather.
The forecast agrees with th locals, we're due some rain tomorrow evening.
I'll be back outside, when the roof has been washed clean, connecting up the feed to the cisterns. Then the rain will probably stop... As usual.. !
More expected at the weekend... Proper rain..
We'll see.!

Still dark outside, but went to put some rubbish in outside bins earlier and it was very calm and not too cold, so looks to be shaping up to be a decent day in a bit.

Just as well ;) I'm expecting a call from the Old Bill to start my community service later today ... :oops:

What have you been doing ?

Village Hall Planters-01.jpg

Village Hall Planters-03.jpg

Last edited:
You certainly don't look like a hardened criminal, Marie, Your eyes are not too close together ... But there and again, some of the most innocent, timid looking folk have turned out to be Axe Murderers.
Was it a crime of passion.. ?
Warm, calm and overcast, here... What a surprise. .
Now, where did I put those galoshes?

Patchy sky and a breeze, rain forecast for later. My client for today sent text last night to say not sure whether we should bother gardening today as she is still not completely over her Christmas bug (although she came out to give me a hand last week) and the forecast is not good.

I'm wondering if I should agree with her (the cold doesn't bother me, only rain, ice or snow).

This is because I'm contemplating driving down to Essex at some point to take a butcher's at a van that's come up :)

The weather is not so good for next 3 days and I always can catch up next week.

What d'yall think? Essex or not Essex? :)

Back