WELL ITS THAT TIME I THINK

Will be in Scotland at the end of the month so will definitely have mine with me just in case, well I will have Bill with me and he doesn’t like the cold.

We tried to get by with the internal AutoTrail blinds a week ago, but weakened and put up our TaylorMade external screens.

We were at Banchory last week and Newcastleton 4 weeks previous and had them out both times, not because it was cold, but so as to prevent condensation on the screen which then drips down. Last van we had to get the passenger airbag ecu replaced and I read someone had the same problem and the technician reckoned it was condensation dripping down from the windscreen. Don't know if that's true, but we use the screens earlier rather than later.

We were at Banchory last week and Newcastleton 4 weeks previous and had them out both times, not because it was cold, but so as to prevent condensation on the screen which then drips down. Last van we had to get the passenger airbag ecu replaced and I read someone had the same problem and the technician reckoned it was condensation dripping down from the windscreen. Don't know if that's true, but we use the screens earlier rather than later.
Old socks filled with absorbing cat litter laid at the bottom of the windscreen cures that.

Funnily enough we took ours out for the France trip, but they've been reloaded for the next trip up to Lindisfarne in 10 days time.

We recently came back after a pleasant week staying up there as part of our northern England tour. Are you staying in Beal?

We keep out silver external screens in the MH and use them all year around. It never crossed my mind to only use them at certain times of the year as they provide privacy all year round as well as the more obvious benefits regarding condensation and cooling/heating effects.

We have them in use all year round, mainly for privacy if not insulation. Sometimes use the internal ones if it is chucking it down outside and we arrive late, or if in a wilding spot where we want to be less obvious.

We have them in use all year round, mainly for privacy if not insulation. Sometimes use the internal ones if it is chucking it down outside and we arrive late, or if in a wilding spot where we want to be less obvious.
I use the external ones as internal ones when necessary just put them inside out when using them inside and the sun visor holds them in place at the top and we wedge a cushion at the bottom.

We recently came back after a pleasant week staying up there as part of our northern England tour. Are you staying in Beal?

We keep out silver external screens in the MH and use them all year around. It never crossed my mind to only use them at certain times of the year as they provide privacy all year round as well as the more obvious benefits regarding condensation and cooling/heating effects.
Yes, We like the Beal site with its views across to Lindisfarne, sadly the restaurant is closed due to lack of staff.🙁

At this time of year we use the screens on nights when we know we will be driving off the following morning just to save the condensation mopping up.

Yes, We like the Beal site with its views across to Lindisfarne, sadly the restaurant is closed due to lack of staff.🙁

At this time of year we use the screens on nights when we know we will be driving off the following morning just to save the condensation mopping up.
Always try to park your van facing where the sun rises by the time you have had coffee and got dressed the sun should have done most of the drying off of the windscreen for you. 👍

Old socks filled with absorbing cat litter laid at the bottom of the windscreen cures that.
(that to comments about condensation).
FWIW, we almost always use our silver screen, both for condensation and insulation. In summer, it keeps the front of the van relatively cool; in winter, it keeps it warm -- and we get zero condensation even with snow on the ground outside the van. Never thought about using cat litter or dehumidifiers; something to keep in mind for when we park up somewhere we don't feel good about using an external screen. So thanks for that.

Having a rear lounge means that a relatively cold cab is not a problem, so we only have internal screens. The condensation in winter means that the windscreen is acting as a dehumidifier, and it’s easily dried using a Karcher. I’ve often stayed in very windy places where fitting or unfitting external blinds would be impossible as well as very unpleasant.

(that to comments about condensation).
FWIW, we almost always use our silver screen, both for condensation and insulation. In summer, it keeps the front of the van relatively cool; in winter, it keeps it warm -- and we get zero condensation even with snow on the ground outside the van. Never thought about using cat litter or dehumidifiers; something to keep in mind for when we park up somewhere we don't feel good about using an external screen. So thanks for that.

If you don’t want to go down that route those really absorbent micro towels rolled up and wedged in the gap between the dash and the windscreen then just wring them out in the morning hang to dry through the day and put back in the evening.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back