Wet n Forget

Did you still have to scrub it with that? What was the procedure? Does it contain bleach?
Hi Barry,
I was initially quite cautious about Wet n Forget, so I contacted the Technical Dept to check if it would have any detrimental effect on either the roof or solar panel, I was assured that it wouldn’t.
Try to park your van with the roof as horizontal as poss, and allow to soak overnight.
In my case, a light brush in the morning together with a hosepipe, was enough to remove 99% of the rubbish on the roof.
It helps if you can apply when there is no chance of rain for a few days.
I have since applied a second coat and simply left it to do its stuff.
Hope this helps, R.

Thanks Rog. A few people have said Patio Magic is pretty much the same stuff but a lot cheaper. Ill give one of them a go.

I was just going to buy one of those water sprayers to apply it, would that work do you think?

screenshot-329.png

Hi Barry,
Don’t know anything about Patio
Magic, but I certainly used a similar garden sprayer.
Simply gave it a good dousing.
In the morning, I went back up the ladder to check things out, and saw that a puddle had formed in one corner.
I got a brush to spread it over the roof and the roof was sparkling.
Couldn’t resist brushing the whole roof and it was beautiful and clean.
Finally applied another coat and just left it alone as it reacts every time it rains! So simple.

Yesterday I sprayed the roof of my van with wet n forget.
Even though I had made every effort to make sure the roof was horizontal, this morning, when I looked up there I found a pool in one corner. With my brush I swept it around the roof intending to let it dry, but the result was truly amazing!
I couldn’t resist brushing the whole roof and rinsing it with a hosepipe as I went along, the finish is now cleaner and shinier than it ever has been, and virtually effortless!
I will give it another coat next week, and leave it to react with rain, as you are supposed to do, but I think the days of dirty roofs are over!
I had a chat with Wet n Forgets Technical Dept before using it, because I was worried about any detrimental effects to the solar panel, and they assured me it would be perfectly ok, the results would seem to back this up.
I've been recommending wet n forget for about 5 years , I've found the pink spray bottle to last about 18months between sprays and even then it's not gone really green like it used too .

Thanks Rog. A few people have said Patio Magic is pretty much the same stuff but a lot cheaper. Ill give one of them a go.

I was just going to buy one of those water sprayers to apply it, would that work do you think?

screenshot-329.png
My son in law bought a cheaper alternative to wet n forget and found it a waste of money and time , also some has been sold on online sites that turned out to be coloured water, I always buy direct from the manufacturer, it may be dearer but it works for months ?

Here’s a photo of my roof of my house 3 weeks after I sprayed it with my homemade concoction the tiles are 12 years old I fitted the whole roof at the same time so tiles on extension are same age as untreated tiles on main house and were the same mossy dirty colour. Think I’ll bottle it and sell it what a difference.7937B8EA-463B-47BC-B85D-2C72A391C46B.jpeg

It must be me. I went for Patio magic seeing as its basically the same stuff. Bought a proper sprayer, saturated the back half of the roof about five or six days ago, even did a bit more then next evening. They reckon you should see results in 4/5 days. So far absolutely nothing. No change whatsoever. I think the green on my roof would survive a nuclear blast.

Yesterday I sprayed the roof of my van with wet n forget.
Even though I had made every effort to make sure the roof was horizontal, this morning, when I looked up there I found a pool in one corner. With my brush I swept it around the roof intending to let it dry, but the result was truly amazing!
I couldn’t resist brushing the whole roof and rinsing it with a hosepipe as I went along, the finish is now cleaner and shinier than it ever has been, and virtually effortless!
I will give it another coat next week, and leave it to react with rain, as you are supposed to do, but I think the days of dirty roofs are over!
I had a chat with Wet n Forgets Technical Dept before using it, because I was worried about any detrimental effects to the solar panel, and they assured me it would be perfectly ok, the results would seem to back this up.
How lucky you are, I had liberally sprayed some on a fibre glass panel last february, its still dirty. The label says it can take up to a year but I was hopeing that I wouldnt have to wait that long. Need to get it clean soon so its back to the power wash.

Wully, are you going to market/bottle the recipe or is it going to be published on here ?

Hi Barry,
I was initially quite cautious about Wet n Forget, so I contacted the Technical Dept to check if it would have any detrimental effect on either the roof or solar panel, I was assured that it wouldn’t.
Try to park your van with the roof as horizontal as poss, and allow to soak overnight.
In my case, a light brush in the morning together with a hosepipe, was enough to remove 99% of the rubbish on the roof.
It helps if you can apply when there is no chance of rain for a few days.
I have since applied a second coat and simply left it to do its stuff.
Hope this helps, R.
it was made for the Sydney opera house and the Ausies are very strict about run off which could damage the sea life so we use it on fences ,walls, conservatory roof and the whole of the van including the solar panels , sit back n have a beer no more scrubbing or pressure washer

Well I'm totally impressed with Wet and Forget! A fair few weeks ago I sprayed it all over my patio, having already tried to clean the slimy black stuff off with everything else I could think of. Every few days now, I realise that the patio is looking cleaner and brighter as time goes by, especially if there's been some rain and it's dried again. It can only be the Wet and Forget performing its magic :love: (y)

I did our old m/h with wet and forget on 6th January after giving it a cursory clean...it was still sparkling clean when I traded it in a week last Tuesday for our brand new Chausson 630 Welcome which I have now sprayed with a coating of you know what...brilliant stuff, highly recommended ?
The picture was taken after about 3 months...

Attachments

• 8207004B-3A7B-4980-BF4C-847CBD881555.jpeg
    8207004B-3A7B-4980-BF4C-847CBD881555.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 14
Wet & Forget worked for me van roof, patio,+ Brick paved drive and wall didn't see a sudden improvement but Fridays heavy rain made a big difference glad I paid the extra and bought the real stuff

I bought a ginormous container of this blessed stuff, about a spoonful cleared the green off the roof (it's still mucky, but no longer green), so if anyone would like to buy 4/5ths of a gallon of this stuff, make me an offer

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back