Whale alternatives.

sydnsue

We have a Whale water system. There are 2 problems. The outlet in the connector is tiny which means even with decent water pressure, it takes ages to fill. The other problem is when we can only find taps with no screw connector. We have a rubber cone type connector to push on the tap but due to the back pressure caused by the tiny outlet, its impossible to hold on the tap.
Has anyone found any better ways to refill. We have the pump but that takes around 10 minutes to pump 1 bucket.

I think I understand the problem. I think your fill system is one of those plug-in powered systems used with aquarolls by caravanners. If that's the case those systems have a electronic valve that activates when your tank is full stopping overfilling of the system. If this has developed a fault it will fail to the closed position making it very difficult to fill your tank. You can either replace the valve or by-pass it. If you by-pass it you will need to make sure the fill system has no leaks in it otherwise you could get water in the wrong places in your van.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

It is the electric system that cuts off when full. The system works fine, albeit very slow, if the hose is connected to a screw on tap, but the electrical connector has such a small hole that the back pressure forces a rubber tap connector off the tap. I think I need some way of filling without the electrical connector. I was hoping someone had already done this.

Not had this problem but in my array of adapters I have a rubber type fitting with a jubilee type clip operated by a thumb screw, so it does not push off.

Our Autosleeper winchcombe has this system last month we took it to Autosleeper and had a manual filler fitted it took them about an hour and a half to fit at just under £150

Our Autosleeper winchcombe has this system last month we took it to Autosleeper and had a manual filler fitted it took them about an hour and a half to fit at just under £150
I assume they had to remove the original filler under the flap. What happened to the electrics? What water connection do you gave now?

Not had this problem but in my array of adapters I have a rubber type fitting with a jubilee type clip operated by a thumb screw, so it does not push off.
There are many taps with a very short nozzle but that may work for some. I will have a look. Thanks.

One needs a range of alternative connectors to cover different tap types.
However as the problem seems to be a restriction at the van it would make sense to sort that first or just use a watering can?

One needs a range of alternative connectors to cover different tap types.
However as the problem seems to be a restriction at the van it would make sense to sort that first or just use a watering can?
Watering can is impossible to use. If I could there would be no problem. The Whale is a fitting, not an opening. The tap problem and the Whale problem go together due to the Whale hose.

Good idea. I had thought of doing the same but I wasn't sure if the manual fill system would confuse or mess up the Whale system. I bet you don't bother with the Whale ar all now. Probably fill in half the time.

I have now sold the whale hose pipe as I have no intention of using the whale system ever again

Helen
Do you know where they connected the new filler hose? Into the pipe or into the tank? Also what happens when it's full? Does it overflow from the new filler or from the tank under the van? You can tell I'm going to do it can't you. ?

Helen
Do you know where they connected the new filler hose? Into the pipe or into the tank? Also what happens when it's full? Does it overflow from the new filler or from the tank under the van? You can tell I'm going to do it can't you. ?

They drop the tank and it make a new connection and filling pipe, it just over flows from the tank under the van just the same as before

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back