What did you do to your van today?

Just finished vacuuming the-cab and hab areas now washing out shower and loo.
May wash the outside tomoss or Monday. Back to dealers on Wednesday to sort out battery problem.

Have you reported the driver as well as sending in the screen evidence? The silly arse needs to be sacked on the spot!
yes I went straight to their head office, I am local so know them well, I have emailed them a copy of the video, if I am not happy with their response I will take it further
Verylucky you were alert terry
I think being an ex biker and being vulnerable helps but so does thinking every other driver is a pratt, it is a good job I don't record audio, Maggy excelled herself with a world record for the number of times someone can say **** in one minute

Yesterday done a wee mod to rear blinds ,the single beds run parallel with side windows and being a wrestlles sleeper I end up lying against the blind ,so I cut some ply the length of window ,Fiona upholstered it in our seating material I made up up close brackets and we now have a(pelmet) to stop my fat b-m lying against it .we can remove very easily when and if required.
Today I am going to b4the sun comes out give the body another coat of high shine resin polish ,it’s great cause when it rains the water just drops off and when it’s mucky etc like when heading to druridge in all the floods and muck collected on van it sat in all that rain and became relatively clean .hard work but worth it imho.
Heading off next Friday night for the weekend come hell or whatever ,all levels and fuels done so it’s just grub to go drinks already in

Hi all. Mr the laird. Interested in your window blind modification. How about a few photos. It will help me to visualise what I think your saying I hope I am not confusing you am confusing myself. Best I stop and press post thread

Hi all. Mr the laird. Interested in your window blind modification. How about a few photos. It will help me to visualise what I think your saying I hope I am not confusing you am confusing myself. Best I stop and press post thread
Will take some pics ASAP and post

Pic 1is our upholstery my wife covered
Pic2 is the finished job
Pic 3 is mod removed
Pic 4 is blind opened up
Pic 5 is the mod ,I got ply wood the boss covered it in the same material as we done our upholstery in,I got upvc and screwed bracket onto mod,then put high power sticking Velcro to blind surround and lesser sticky to mod brackets so as to enable removal as and when required
Job suits us just fine

6D82866A-5AD5-4808-AA4B-3EFF92401E72.jpeg0F05C6CF-EE22-4EA5-8BCB-52CA7C4F4DDD.jpegAB1EFE20-4B64-48E9-91DF-74C325D49FBB.jpeg45373A21-D1F8-4830-A76A-252EE92CA78A.jpegB40B5D39-EA0F-479B-B797-BFF43EBB1AB8.jpeg

Hope this makes sense and helps

Last edited:
Tried to figure out why my fresh water tank filler cap was becoming more difficult to open and close only to be shown by a very helpful Flemish chap that the latching part that the cap engages with had come out and become a permanent part of the cap. The kind gent seperated the two bits and fitted the inner part back into the filler neck then refitted the cap in the normal manner, everything back to normal, thanks to our european colleagues.

Back