What did you do to your van today?

Passed its MOT today with no advisories ;)
I didnt have any real concerns but you never know and its just a nice feeling to get that out of the way.
So, now to complete packing this afternoon and off we go again tomorrow ... yeeehhhh!!!
K ;)

Remove d the plastic step liners on my Ford Transit based Burstner to check for rust having seen elsewhere that water can collect under the liner and cause a serious rust problem. There are drain holes but they can easily be clogged with mud/road dirt. Fortunately mine were ok with just a bit of rust around the drain holes. If anybody is contemplating doing the same thing the step liner is held by three plastic rivets through the top flange and there are two studs with nuts which are screwed into the step liner and poke through the step floor. It is more than lilkely that the nut will be seized so I held the end of the stud with mole grips as it is not threaded all along and then you can free off the nut, once the nuts are off the liner should just lift out except for the drivers side which needs a bit of wiggling about to get it out.

Wired up the exhaust til I can get home to weld it
Ready for a laugh
It includes the cat

Nearly fell out me chair when they said pattern part £2000 plus fitting plus vat

MAN part is £193 short of £4000
😡😡😡😡
Not sure which sounds the best 🤔🤔🤔

Washed mine.

Well needed after our Italian trip

Graham
smile.gif

Kept well away as it's mucky.

Why wash it in a wet Autumn as it'll only get filthy 500 yards from home the next time we use it.

Wired up the exhaust til I can get home to weld it
Ready for a laugh
It includes the cat

Nearly fell out me chair when they said pattern part £2000 plus fitting plus vat

MAN part is £193 short of £4000
😡😡😡😡
Not sure which sounds the best 🤔🤔🤔
The sooner it goes the better Andy.

Same here....drained the fresh water and waste tanks. Drained the toilet flush.
Over winter I'll rely on water containers and a watering can for the loo flush.

I spent an hour or so very carefully treating the Seitz windows and the headlights with a thorough treatment of 'T' Cut, following the help and advice given to me by other helpful folk on here.
I am utterly gobsmacked with the results, gone are all the scratches and general marks from passing bramble bushes and as for the headlights, they honestly look like they have been replaced with new ones!!

I spent an hour or so very carefully treating the Seitz windows and the headlights with a thorough treatment of 'T' Cut, following the help and advice given to me by other helpful folk on here.
I am utterly gobsmacked with the results, gone are all the scratches and general marks from passing bramble bushes and as for the headlights, they honestly look like they have been replaced with new ones!!

Now you have t cut the headlights they need sealing with a uv protection to stop them going milky

Back