What did you do to your van today?

Finished a couple of days clean up inside and out, and my mobile caravan man hard wired (with a switch) the tv.

Been for MOT. Failed,......slight leak on rear shock absorber ( OK when changed springs a fortnight ago ) and monitor rear inner brake pads.
Returned home ordered parts, replaced shockers cleaned and striped rear brakes repacked rear pads. Returned to garage parts checked now passed MOT.
Returned home closed gates went to lock van noticed a nickel wood screw-in front offside tyre, wheel removed with difficulty wood block and lump hammer required off to tyre dept tyre repaired wheel and hub cleaned and copper slipped.refitted OK.
Checked front near side wheel came off OK so cleaned wheel and hub copper slipped refitted.
Now for lunch.

Af

Sold it, and bought an A class Pilote as a replacement! Our first Moho was an old Pilote on a Talbot chassis, with a bed made up from the seats, followed by a Rapido with a fixed French bed, and now back to a Pilote, with a proper double bed in the middle of the back!!!

Took it for a wash/polish cos we'em going oop norf next week :)

Then replaced the rotary eberspacher control with an 801 digital controller

Well I got the centre repair in undercoat but it was getting way to cold even with the daughter hairdryer lolol.79C4E7A4-F614-4DB9-8321-7B143A9CE5F9.jpeg

Bought & tried out an Avtex STH3000 tv Ariel. Stuck it near a window not pointing in any particular direction, turned the power on in the tv setup so didn’t have to use an additional power source for the Ariel, auto tuned the Avtex tv and got 80 + channels !
well impressed, will come in handy if I head to the lakes next week as I reckon I won’t have the satellite up as it would blew away if the winds are as bad as expected !

Finished off my heating reroute into my wardrobe mod,fitted shoe racks in wardrobe and finally coat hangers only four .then removed a few items I hated on the end cabinet wall
very very happy now with the in our opinion mods carried out
headboards ,infill for beds are now to get reupholstered in same as the rest of seating
after that the new infill carpets to be made
when the weather is warmer I have all new hymer mouldings to fit in body work lower ,also awning fiamma clips to install
then it will bea it tidy up of body work
all service kit waiting as are new pads/discs etc all round. Phew

Back