What have you got planned for your Van?

Got to sort out batteries on return to UK....whenever that will be.
Other than that, we are pretty happy with the van at the moment. Going to enjoy it and do some UK trips.......one day.

Yes. Angle morts stickers for blind spots on 3500 plus kg vans. Thanks for filling in 2cv. It’s pissing down here so I had a lie in.

Davy

Reactions: 2cv
Not massive - 270W, made up of 3 x 90W Victron Mono Panels. Chosen those as in a set of 3 they make the most of the available space at the back. Already got the controller installed - a Victron 100/20 Smartsolar, which is spec'ed at 290W, so a good match there. Almost definately install in parallel rather than series as I prefer to protect against shading more than the slight benefit from series cabling.
Some tilting ability will be featuring as well seeing as there is a ladder fitted right at the back so may as well add that option :)
Have you considered automated tilting panels rather than going up on roof? Gerry

Have you considered automated tilting panels rather than going up on roof? Gerry
I have, and I actually have a 12V Actuator "in stock" for a planned moveable (not tiltable) solar setup on a different vehicle, but I am unlikely to fit it as I don't want to be 'beholden' to tilting the panels.
I sometimes think if you have a tilting system, you can end up obessing about always parking to maximize the tilted orientation, and I don't want that. The only reason why I am adding tilting is that it is easy to do and I don't know how often I will bother in reality.

Well, just done it actually. Fitted a pull handle on the inside of the whoosh bang door. Now it closes gently first time every time from the inside without relying on enormous amounts of inertia and the risk of chopping my fingers off.

Well, just done it actually. Fitted a pull handle on the inside of the whoosh bang door. Now it closes gently first time every time from the inside without relying on enormous amounts of inertia and the risk of chopping my fingers off.

whoosh bang 😀

Picture? We really would like to do this...rarely park near others so don't annoy them, but the chopped fingers risk is a real issue! Thought about some sort of strap to pull, but a handle would be simpler.

Got to agree that I'd like to see a photo of your modification too please, Number14.

Mine needs a slam, and it would be kinder to others to be able to close it more gently.

I sent mine off for a spa day! Only a mile from here. Full service and belt changes. She will come back a new girl, refreshed with new oil and filters, looking more beautiful than ever and raring to go!

Davy

Where did you fit the handle? I
I’ve found opening a skylight or drivers door helps when closing the whoosh ( I like that ) door. Probably something to do with physics. Vacuum’s ‘n stuff

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back