What rallies would you like to attend in 2019?

T
How about something down south such as the New Forest area. Or Wellington Country Park which is not too far off of the A33.

We are planning another meet near Wellington (not the Country Park) and a new one in the New Forest next year, the weekends of 4th and 11th July preceding Upton Blues Festival.

Last edited:
T

We are planning another meet near Wellington (not the Country Park) and a new one in the New Forest next year, the weekends of 4th and 11th July preceding Upton Blues Festival.
That's great news, back to the "old country" for a few days.

If you like steam engines, The Great Dorset Steam Fair is the one for you. Late evening when its getting dark they run up the engines with lights on then. Great Spectacle.
If you like steam engines, The Great Dorset Steam Fair is the one for you. Late evening when its getting dark they run up the engines with lights on then. Great Spectacle.
do you know if dr. busker and the dorset rats still give a show there...........love steam fairs.....so much atmosphere.
thought they were hilarious singing...she,ll be coming round the mountain....

Last edited:
do you know if dr. busker and the dorset rats still give a show there...........love steam fairs.....so much atmosphere.
thought they were hilarious singing...she,ll be coming round the mountain....
No afraid not. I have not been in years but I know it has got bigger over time.

Will have to look into that then depends on if we can get time off work as too far for us for a weekend as were in Lancashire

Anyone interested in a meet on the outskirts of Edinburgh? The field I am thinking of is not available during the festivals. When else would be of interest?
Edinburgh sounds good for us but all depends on date.
We'd prefer to attend rallies North of border for easiness.

Will have to look into that then depends on if we can get time off work as too far for us for a weekend as were in Lancashire
I have heard recently that it is now reckoned to be the worlds biggest. Just do not plan on doing it in a day - you will not see a fraction of it.
The 2018 event marked the 50th anniversary of the show and featured a record-breaking display of 500 full size steam engines.

Hi Rae. Biggar showground is expensive unless we can guarantee a good turnout of vans. Its a great field, with the town with all its pubs and shops only a short stroll away.

Another weekend at RAF Burtonwood would be lovely . I have not spoke to jeff yet but I am sure I herd him saying we can go back next year

Hi Phil
I know you mentioned ins last time but I went to France this year & loved it on my tod too!
Cycle lances in virtually every town & drivers give way to cyclists going around roundabouts around the perimeter
They drive with more patience & respect for pedestrians too than we maniacs here
Just think how great it would be to go as a group
Hey what if you sed Its the responsibility for all to provide there own ins for that trip, on an individual basis?

Hi!

We are pretty new to this game & have never been on the Continent. Would love to next year but the boss half (he's lovely really) would prefer to go the first time with folks that know the ropes. So a group effort would be great for us.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back