What rallies would you like to attend in 2019?

Hi!

We are pretty new to this game & have never been on the Continent. Would love to next year but the boss half (he's lovely really) would prefer to go the first time with folks that know the ropes.

We went to Germany this year with 2 Motorhomers who hadn't driven abroad in their vans..... it didn't take long before they were both confident enough to go off on their own, especially as we tried not to drive in convoy. Have you seen the Dutch bulbfield meet that is being arranged?

Anyone interested in a meet on the outskirts of Edinburgh? The field I am thinking of is not available during the festivals. When else would be of interest?
A place i've always fancied visiting. I believe you mentioned that it had public transport to town which would be great. Any time is good, so long as it isn't too close in time to other meets.I don't fancy racing from one place to another. :)

If you can get discounts (big discounts) British F1 GP would be nice :)
You'll be lucky. I'd never pay the amounts they charge now for F1 at Silverstone. I go regularly for other meets. The WEC/ELMS weekend was £50 with full access You pay that just to peer over the fence on F1 days :)

I am reading this thread, I am not responding as I want as many ideas as possible.

Stratallan Games Park at Bridge of Allan is a good central Scotland venue. They have put in some hard roads, but if it rains the grass areas grab motorhomes and try to keep them. It would be good for a small meet where we could all be on solid ground. It would mean being a bit spread out around the field.

Another Scottish meet could be at Springwood Park, Kelso. It is a showground an easy walk to the town. Good toilets and showers. Well maintained and solid grass areas.

I wonder if the Metal Bridge Inn near Gretna would be interested in a meet. They are very motorhome friendly and have a huge car park.

If near Inverness is of interest the showfield at Muir of Ord takes rallies. They have toilets, showers and some ehus.

Last edited:
We went to Germany this year with 2 Motorhomers who hadn't driven abroad in their vans..... it didn't take long before they were both confident enough to go off on their own, especially as we tried not to drive in convoy. Have you seen the Dutch bulbfield meet that is being arranged?
Thanks Linda I'll have a look at that.

Will there be a meet at camperfest again this year ? If so bookings before the end of November using the code
Early20 gets a 25% discount

Would probably need another meet tagged on to make it a worthwhile trip for us Southerners.

Warner’s are doing a Scottish show this year Close to Edinburgh View attachment 51141
Hi Wully. Waiting for warners to let me know about putting on a meet there. I was also thinking of putting on a meet at the Drum, Edinburgh for the Jazz festival later in July. The field has already been booked by CCC for the fringe festival.
Anyone interested in either of these?
Meg

Something in the East of England (IE Linconshire) down toward Kent/Sussex would not go amiss.
Certainly something that is not 200 plus miles away would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back