Where was your first night in a new van

The first night in my delica was on a campsite in south wales - i knew nowt about vanning and no manual was available. i discovered VERY quickly that i had bought a dog of a van as the lights didn't work for long once i switched off the engine, the battery was dead the next morning and so many other problems i cant even remember them now. But i did learn how generous and warm-hearted the camper community is - several guys tried to assist as did the camp site manager.....

First night away in current van was at Aldeburgh just after they'd banned motorhomes from parking on the sea defence, parked in the parking area outside the yatch club.

Graham

Our first night in our first Mh was in Cenarth, Pembs...156miles from home.
Our first night in our current MH was at Waterrow Site in Somerset after the WORST handover from the dealer near there in the history of MH ownership! We didn't get to site until 7.00pm! Never again...

Graham:Grinmacing_Face_Emo

For our first trip out in our last MH back in December 2010, we had booked site at Swanage. The night before travelling was pretty cold & in Devon we had a peppering of snow. We rang the site on the morning of travel to check conditions & were told they had a light dusting of snow. This is what we found on arrival...LOL.

Attachments

• photo827.jpg
    photo827.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
After buying privately in Eastbourne and driving home to SW London then the first shake-down trip was to Chertsey C+CC site for 2 nights.

Never really got a hand-over from previous owner, but had the N+B owner's manual, which is very comprehensive, plus all systems/ancillary equipment manuals so was probably better informed than by some dealer's superficial hand-over.

Since that site I can only recall being on 2 other sites, plus 2-3 CLs, in 8+ years - one in Avignon this year because the Aire in the CP has been 'barriered'

Geoff

Wasdale Head in our first, a Talbot Express. Moorland somewhere outside of Richmond, Yorkshire in the second, a converted ambulance. Semmerwater in the third, Renault Rimor.
Not been anywhere yet in the Bessacarr which is the fourth.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back