WHERE WOULD YOU PREFER A MEETING AT IN 2020

The laird

Rally Organiser

I am trying to organise a meeting around March /April in Scotland but thinking on a venue like this three or amin talks with a few others I have in mind ,can you give me a idea as to your preference?
1/ The Falkirk Wheel / no services but toilets at main buildings
2/ Lanark loch no ehu elsan point in adjacent field not at changing rooms
3/ Lochore Country Park 6 ehu points waste and fresh water
4/ metal bridge inn (neartodhill services beside m74
5/ Other.?

Last edited:
First preference would be Loch Ore as they can adapt to accommodate as many vans as could attend.
Metal Bridge is very welcoming and closer for members in the South. Very popular with Europeans, but spaces could be restricted. Don't think there is any EHU. :) 🌈 🦄

How many motorhomes can metal bridge take bearing in mind you get over 30 Van's at your meetings

How many motorhomes can metal bridge take bearing in mind you get over 30 Van's at your meetings
Not too sure robt as it’s in brit stops etc we would only get a percentage of it ,I’m awaiting to talk again to confirm and then decide with all the other venues then post the outcome

Metal Bridge has had good reports for food for many years however if you take a look on Google maps it is right next to the M6 so has the potential for being quite noisy, just an observation and not a criticism.😄

Lochore for us Gordon. Whilst the Metal Bridge is a nice pub we did find the noise of the motorway and the railway line was a bit too much for us.

Cheers

H

I agree that Metal Bridge wouldn't be my first choice. It's fantastic for a stopover - welcoming, good food etc - I use it regularly and I even had my photo of it in the BritStops book one year - but has both road and rail noise. Yes the main car park's big, but it does fill up with cars (!) as it's a popular pub.
Also they've had some really atrocious behaviour recently from motorhomers and I'm not sure how they now feel.

Here's a potential one though I haven't visited so I'm in no position to recommend or not - it's well south though in D&G

email theperfecthideaway@live.co.uk

James Lucks wrote to me:

"We have 10 motorhome electric hookup points 5 of which are on hardstanding. As well as that we have a large camping field which guests use for tents, campervans and motorhomes for non-hookup. This field could take 50ish motorhomes.

There is no restriction on size and access should be fine.

Hookup pitch price is £25 per night Non-hookup price is £15 per night. I'm sure we could offer some discount depending on the numbers involved.

You would have the use of the stage and potentially a 6m X 4m Marquee if required. Catering vans can be organised too."

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back