Which tools to carry in your motorhome?

As mentioned on wildcamping, I carry a hammer and a screwdriver (electicians) because if you can't fix it with the hammer it must be an electrical fault.

Not really tools but Super glue, sticky fix pads and Duck tape. So versatile. I've just fixed a cupboard door catch when a small plastic piece broke and the door now works perfectly.
If you have a spare wheel then you MUST have a way of undoing the wheel nuts, please chech that the wrench you have gives you enough leverage.

A range of small tools, and as others have said - cable ties and duct tape. Also -
- 7 tonne towing strop (ex French army)
- 6m long heavy duty jump leads
- extendable wheel brace (long for wheel off, short for wheel on)
We have needed the first two before we had them but have not needed them since we got them!
Never had to use the third.

Ask Tezza33 what he doesn’t carry?
I carry enough tools to change the engine/gearbox or suspension of needed, self amalgamation tape is a must if Maggy starts nagging, I can probably rewire the van if I had to but guess who left his jump leads in the car and needed them after leaving something on which flattened the engine battery, luckily enough I could remove the long lead from the B2B and connect up to the leisure batteries, I also carry a dremel, cordless drill and a selection of sensors plus a laptop with multitude on it
https://www.multiecuscan.net

I am sure there is more ?

I carry enough tools to change the engine/gearbox or suspension of needed, self amalgamation tape is a must if Maggy starts nagging, I can probably rewire the van if I had to but guess who left his jump leads in the car and needed them after leaving something on which flattened the engine battery, luckily enough I could remove the long lead from the B2B and connect up to the leisure batteries, I also carry a dremel, cordless drill and a selection of sensors plus a laptop with multitude on it
https://www.multiecuscan.net

I am sure there is more ?

Yes there’s more. You omitted a soldering iron, spare leads for any and all applications, enough red wine to sink a battle ship......

Lathe, milling machine, pillar drill. Not seen a centreless grinder, yet. What else have I missed Terry?

Lathe, milling machine, pillar drill. Not seen a centreless grinder, yet. What else have I missed Terry?
In the future, when we are all driving around in Electric Vehicles with unlimited power battery-cells and retiring at 30 (it's a fact. Don't you all remember "Tomorrows World" from the 70's) the only thing we will have to carry is a 3D printer connected to the Internet and we can download any tools and parts we need.

(well, maybe also a spare 3D printer to print a replacement 3D printer if the main one breaks)

A range of small tools, and as others have said - cable ties and duct tape. Also -
- 7 tonne towing strop (ex French army)
- 6m long heavy duty jump leads
- extendable wheel brace (long for wheel off, short for wheel on)
We have needed the first two before we had them but have not needed them since we got them!
Never had to use the third.

I also carry the French army towing strop - it just looks and feels right!

Also the extendable wheel brace, and a torque wrench.

Yes there’s more. You omitted a soldering iron, spare leads for any and all applications, enough red wine to sink a battle ship......
I carry a gas and a cordless soldering iron, spare throttle pedal (long story) rivet nuts, pop rivets, stainless steel screws, spare leads are a must as is a roll of WF100 satellite cable with proper crimped fittings and the tool to fit them https://www.amazon.co.uk/Preciva-St...-Connectors/dp/B078T62R3Y?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_11, I carry other bits but too may to mention, red wine is not a tool Del, it is a solution for when you don't have the right tool ?
I also carry the French army towing strop - it just looks and feels right!

Also the extendable wheel brace, and a torque wrench.
I carry a strop as well as a torque wrench and a breaker bar

We only have a small locker, but as well as my toolbox I now carry an extendable ladder as if anything goes wrong on the roof you have to get up there. Had an occasion in Swanage where I had to reverse under a tree and shimmy up to refit the ariel pod. But on thinking about this question, how many times do I find that whatever I have with me its always something else that I need?

In preparation for our forthcoming trip to Spain I had a root around in my 'man locker' and found a 7t tow rope; some heavy duty jump leads; a spare water pump; some snow socks; a torque wrench; and a socket set too

Graham :)

In the future, when we are all driving around in Electric Vehicles with unlimited power battery-cells and retiring at 30 (it's a fact. Don't you all remember "Tomorrows World" from the 70's) the only thing we will have to carry is a 3D printer connected to the Internet and we can download any tools and parts we need.

(well, maybe also a spare 3D printer to print a replacement 3D printer if the main one breaks)

Just print out a new camper :)

short list
tow strop, multimeter, jump leads. torch and batteries . codeine , basic but good quality small handtools

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back