Which tools to carry in your motorhome?

Not much point me carrying many as I’m a mechanical numpty and wouldn’t have a clue what to do with most of them.
In my experience there is usually a very friendly and much more capable buddy not far away.!!!!!!
Defo carry a roll of duck tape, although when a rear wheel arch moulding popped off and I suggested taping it up my wife screamed “ you can’t do that”
Fortunately the remaining fixings gave out so I just threw it in the van and carried.
Later to be assisted by said buddy at aire who told me what the mastic I needed was and later took pity on me and refixed it better than original. Swift later replaced it under warranty, no dispute.

My first foray abroad in my 2.8jtd I borrowed a clutch from work and carried it with me, I was always worried about it failing and costing an arm and a leg. Didn’t need it.

Last year halfway back up France on the way home slowly the clutch on my X250 started to slip - I didn’t have a spare with me, didn’t think I’d need one just yet! Thankfully I nursed it all the way home and changed it at home. I provided the clutch from where I used to work at wholesale price and paid my mate to swop it for me. I’d bet my £200 job would more likely have been £600+ in France. Perhaps a lot more?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back