WildeSquirrell Safety Socket

PAT testing isn't a legal requirement, it's just happens to be the best way for an employer to meet their obligations on protecting employees.

Regards,
Del
That's how I understand it, we have all our band PA gear PAT tested but only because most venues insist on a certificate to protect themselves against claims, just as the band need public liability insurance for the same reason.

If you could add some circuitry that will self-eject the socket when you start the engine, that would be the ultimate "safety socket" (y)

(I swapped over my Motorhome and Campervan on the driveway yesterday and, as I have done a few times previously (should have learned by now!), drove the campervan away still plugged in to the house :( . Fortunately, because of the way I happened to fit the van mounted receptacle, no damage is incurred and just need to refit the socket to the lead each time but it is definately a bad habit :rolleyes: )

If you could add some circuitry that will self-eject the socket when you start the engine, that would be the ultimate "safety socket" (y)

(I swapped over my Motorhome and Campervan on the driveway yesterday and, as I have done a few times previously (should have learned by now!), drove the campervan away still plugged in to the house :( . Fortunately, because of the way I happened to fit the van mounted receptacle, no damage is incurred and just need to refit the socket to the lead each time but it is definately a bad habit :rolleyes: )
The easy answer is a nice big Neon mounted in front of the steering wheel connected to the incoming supply.
There's nothing like a wally light to save embarrassment ;)

The easy answer is a nice big Neon mounted in front of the steering wheel connected to the incoming supply.
There's nothing like a wally light to save embarrassment ;)
Actually, that is not a bad idea at all!
On the campervan, I had both a loud buzzer and red light come on when I turned on the Ignition to warn me the mechanical step was still out and that was impossible to ignore :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back