Windbreakers

wildebus

I have looked on and off at windbreakers and it is now the "on" time again :)

Any recommendations? I don't really like the ones everyones grandparents had, (e.g. NOT like the ones below), so what else are people using?
71AbK1gx4LL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
This model has stood the test of time and is quick to put up and pretty secure. I use a couple and real handy as we use a Surf and Turf awning at motocross which requires the sides to be fixed down by sliding poles through loops - poles are a perfect fit. The Kampa type look smart but skinny wee poles then you have to fix guy ropes to keep the thing upright. Then the price which is plain silly. Bob

Get higher than you think you would need. We have a relatively short one which is fine when we are sat down - in theory - but the wind comes in over the top.
If you’re nosy! and want to be able to see out, go for clear upper panels.

Heh Heh. We put ours up for privacy, but the Kampa types have, as you say, clear panels for the people who just have to know what's happening around them.

I want one for for some demarkation as well as the usual . get fed up with kids running through my spot and using my pitch as a short cut when I am trying to work.

I did have a cheap one but it was totally useless and I gave up with it the first time I tried to deploy it. On the plus side, as I was packing it away, a woman asked "are you selling that?" so I said "indeed. Would you like to buy it?" and got my money back on it :p

Isabella do a range of windbreaks with poles and rafters, I think from memory they are a bit pricey but look well made and can be used with or without guys.

D/I/L’s mam bought a windbreaker with the clear panels it had the thinist poles it didn’t last that long and it wasn’t cheap

Bought 2x4mtr Jormax windbreaks off a friend only use them when at shows with grand kids boy are they heavy.

Isabella do a range of windbreaks with poles and rafters, I think from memory they are a bit pricey but look well made and can be used with or without guys.
I saw the various Isabella ones at the NECC show a couple of years back and thought they looked very good - but they were indeed pricey! More than I want to pay for the use I would get.

What’s their second-third use, same for trolley jacks & heavy, the later!!!!!

What’s their second-third use, same for trolley jacks & heavy, the later!!!!!
I would roll them round someone who goes on and on about "yes, what else can you use it for".

There you go... 2nd use :cool:

PS. who cares about everything must have a multiple uses? I don't :p

I'd have to try and squeeze it in along all the other single-use kit ....
IMG_20180525_115458 by David, on Flickr

Last edited:
We bought a set from these at a show a few years ago.

We didn't want guy ropes or metal rafters as trip hazards plus these have metal tips and tops so don't break when you hammer them in. If you gete them I would recommend the plastic Tension Bars too as these really do work.

We are very pleased with them and are considering getting a second set too...

Graham
smile.gif

We bought a set from these at a show a few years ago.

We didn't want guy ropes or metal rafters as trip hazards plus these have metal tips and tops so don't break when you hammer them in. If you gete them I would recommend the plastic Tension Bars too as these really do work.

We are very pleased with them and are considering getting a second set too...

Graham
smile.gif
What I have highlighted above in red put me off quite a few options; and having just wooden poles put me off the "default" windbreaker that is so popular (some of the fields I bang pegs into seem to be virtually solid), so I liked the idea of the bit you wrote that I highlighted in Green

So have bought the Blue Diamond Windbreaker that features the metal tops and tops:
71dgul8-zqL._SL1010_.jpg

I ordered this a few days ago so too late to check out the Cornish Windbreaks option.

Take you pick from normal to inflatable..........................:)

Peter

You have linked to the same product I have bought, but I got my from another seller. I wish I had remembered about you first, especially as your price is better! Sorry :(
If it doesn't arrive in perfect condition, I will be returning and buying from you :)

David. I have a new one of these in my garage, along with all the other stuff left over from caravanning. Meg

David. I have a new one of these in my garage, along with all the other stuff left over from caravanning. Meg
I would be interested in buying that from you if you don't intend to use it. (I would have liked a bigger one anyway to use on my stands sometimes)

David i am just finishing off the daughters windbreak all 10mtrs of it with 10 poles .I think is cost her about 70 quid but you could buy a one like this that money .Ill take some pictures of it when I’ve finnished it.

I have looked on and off at windbreakers and it is now the "on" time again :)

Any recommendations? I don't really like the ones everyones grandparents had, (e.g. NOT like the ones below), so what else are people using?
71AbK1gx4LL._SL1200_.jpg
Bought a wind break from decathlon, used it on Harris last year, light weight and packs away in a small bag

Now that IS eye catching
happy112.gif

I'll keep an eye out for you on my travels

Graham
smile.gif

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back