Xtreme AGM batteries

Mobilvetta

Help, I fitted two new Xtreme 110 amp batteries on the 13 Jan 2022, purchased from Alpha batteries, we travelled this sfternoon from Blackpool to the Toby inn in Coventry for a stop over before making our way to catch the ferry from Portsmouth on Sunday morning. The motorhome lived on our drive and is always plugged into the EHU, so I wouldn't expect the batteries to not be charged, plus with the drive we have done today that surely would have kept them topped up. We have watched about 60 minutes of TV then my wife decided to fill the kettle, I noticed that the lights were flickering when she was doing this, so I have just checked the battery panel and it's showing the leisure battery's to be 10.7 volts. Can't understand why this would be, I've just rung Alpha batteries to see if they can shed any light but they are closed, it just went to an answer phone message, is there anywhere on route were I could purchase a couple of leisure batterys, I will just have to deal with it when we get back in April. As anyone any suggestions of how to tackle this. Cheers

Can't your breakdown cover help source a couple of Batteries ? Sorry thought you meant V/Battery as well.

Last edited:
Cheers G
David not sure if this helps
Cheers Gordon just had a look on there website and it seems they are out of stock of the there leisure battery's. Going to see if Alpha is open in the morning just incase they have an agent in the direction I am going with some stock, not sure if they will be open though with it been a Saturday.

I'd be checking your batteries are actually receiving any sort of charge first from mains charger/B2B/Split charge etc ....

Just because the motorhome is plugged in doesn't mean its actually charging .

I've started the engine for half hour, then switched it off and put a multi meter on the second battery and it was showing 12.7 volts, we then started the engine again but the reading didn't go up, like I would have expected it to do, so I removed the second battery and did the same test again just with one battery, it showed 12.7 volts, then when I started the engine it went up to 13.7 volts, yet if I connect the second battery again, it doesn't go higher that 12.7 volts with the engine running. Does anyone know any auto electricians around Birmingham/ Coventry way that is open tomorrow so I could get the batteries checked out, as I've little knowledge when it comes to electrical.

Cheers G

Cheers Gordon just had a look on there website and it seems they are out of stock of the there leisure battery's. Going to see if Alpha is open in the morning just incase they have an agent in the direction I am going with some stock, not sure if they will be open though with it been a Saturday.
Alpha are usually open on Saturday.

Thanks Jeff, I will ring them at 9.00 am to see if there is anything they can do, I have to check into the ferry at 7.15 am Sunday morning.

Alpha are usually open on Saturday.
Thanks, If one off the batteries has gone down will it effect the other one, they were both of the same type and bought at the same time, but I'm just wondering if I disconnected the second one for now if I could make a do. As that one didn't seem to accept a charge when I started the vehicle, were as when I removed it from the battery bank the voltage went up on the 1st battery when I started the engine.

Sounds like one went on the blink david to test prop both or the suspect one may need to be charged and then a load/drop test carried out

Alpha are usually open on Saturday

Sounds like one went on the blink david to test prop both or the suspect one may need to be charged and then a load/drop test carried out
I will ring Alpha at 9.00am in the morning to see if there is anything they can do, I don't really have time on my side, as we catch the ferry first thing Sunday morning. Just looked and it's probably a 2.5 hour drive to Alpha battery's from here, to then drive all the way back again.

If I can buy two batteries tomorrow from Jackson's of Arley is there anyone close by or on route to Portsmouth who would kindly look after my two AGM batteries until April, when we return.
I don't want to carry the extra weight around Spain with us and I don't want to throw them away as they had either a 4 or 5 year warranty, so if the batteries are tested and it shows they are faulty, then hopefully they will be replaced.

If I can buy two batteries tomorrow from Jackson's of Arley is there anyone close by or on route to Portsmouth who would kindly look after my two AGM batteries until April, when we return.
I don't want to carry the extra weight around Spain with us and I don't want to throw them away as they had either a 4 or 5 year warranty, so if the batteries are tested and it shows they are faulty, then hopefully they will be replaced.
Would Jackson's not store them for you? Worth the ask David

With the engine running then 14.4v is what you should see, something wrong there for sure.dash voltage .jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back