Xtreme AGM batteries

Testing leisure batteries require a stamina test, not the CCA test for starter batteries, so I doubt an auto electrician or car shop will be able to test them.

Do you have a Costco account? You could get a couple of leisure batteries from them (phone and check the stock first).

I can store the batteries for you, and I can also test them.

I am going to Milton Keynes tomorrow morning, so we will have to see if we can schedule something.

Testing leisure batteries require a stamina test, not the CCA test for starter batteries, so I doubt an auto electrician or car shop will be able to test them.

Do you have a Costco account? You could get a couple of leisure batteries from them (phone and check the stock first).

I can store the batteries for you, and I can also test them.

I am going to Milton Keynes tomorrow morning, so we will have to see if we can schedule something.
Thanks Phil, unfortunately I don't have a Costco account, but I note Jackson's which is 9 miles away from The Toby has some leisure battery's in stock, I have to have the low ones with a maximum height of 190 mm. Unfortunately they only seem to have the 100amp ones in stock, but that is better than nothing and cancelling the trip.

Can't help but I hope you get sorted out so you can have a good trip.

That's really kind of you and much appreciated, I've just tried ringing Jackson's of Arley and also Alpha batteries, but not answering as yet.
Jacksons will be open .
But Saturday will be there biz day .
They usually have a few makes in stock .
I purchased platinum I got good results from them.

What tester do you have? Expensive? Do you know of one that isn't silly money that might be OK for occasional use where 100% accuracy isn't so important? Cheers.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, it turned out to be a loose connection, special thanks to Phil for finding the time today to sort it out, you truly are a star. Can't thank you enough.

Sometimes the smallest thing makes a big difference, you must be very relieved.
Well done Phil for helping.
Have a great trip.

What tester do you have? Expensive? Do you know of one that isn't silly money that might be OK for occasional use where 100% accuracy isn't so important? Cheers.
I found this one that is a no frills version of what I have. This one can test up to 60v and up to 10A load. It uses an external 12v PSU to power it (not supplied but most old internet router PSU will do)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back