Chat Room

This is the reason I give when I gain weight... it's so so true :Thinking_Face_Emoji
It's the universe evening it's self out. when one person loses weight another somewhere has to gain it otherwise the planet would be unbalanced and fly off into space. :Tongue_Out_Emoji_wi :Emoji_Earth_Globe:
when I gain weight I'm saving the planet really.

You keep telling yourself that dear, the men in white coats will be along shortly.

Bad weather stopped play - been fitting a new b2b charger and as it's mounted behind the driver's seat it's easier to work outside, but the snow is getting a hindrance now.

Well hopefully we’ll be off on Tuesday to see another van at Preston, so fingers crossed this the one 79316BCF-C2A6-451A-99CF-870B1A7330A3.png

Attachments

• 3742D1AF-D14C-4D40-8283-CB825C8F1445.png
    3742D1AF-D14C-4D40-8283-CB825C8F1445.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
We keep looking at those, but the prices are astronomical for an old van which is difficult to get habitation parts for, but we really like the looks of them.

We had a look at those Jeanette, but apart from the silly price we saw a few with rust problems round the windscreen. Happy hunting.

Thanks Chris and Pudsey thanks for the info about the rust we will keep an eye out for it around the windows Chris so Pudsey that’s one thing we’ll have to think about now we’re going to view it on Tuesday and we have been looking at them for a while and as you say it was the prices, but this one isn’t priced too bad considering the ones we’ve seen are and were dearer, hopefully we have better luck than last week we were both bad after we came back after eating something that didn’t agree namely a breakfast at a café! We’ll probably stay over somewhere as well.Boots was really helpful regarding the last van we were looking at I’ll say a thank you to him for all the info on that van we went to see last week.

To be honest they do have a good rep, as do older Hymens, it all depends on budget, newer is usually best of course, as mentioned parts become scare, and you are limited to ex caravan used parts, base vehicle parts too have to be considered as does the resale price.

How old is the tranny, post R reg is best as most will have a turbo.

Pudsey Bear;n30224 said:
To be honest they do have a good rep, as do older Hymens, it all depends on budget, newer is usually best of course, as mentioned parts become scare, and you are limited to ex caravan used parts, base vehicle parts too have to be considered as does the resale price.

How old is the tranny, post R reg is best as most will have a turbo.

It’s a P reg 1997 Diesel

Jeanette;n30139 said:
Well hopefully we’ll be off on Tuesday to see another van at Preston, so fingers crossed this the one

mmmmmm..looks nice jeanette...trust you have the easurements.......fingers crossed for you........good luck

trixie88;n30270 said:
mmmmmm..looks nice jeanette...trust you have the easurements.......fingers crossed for you........good luck

Haha definitely this time trixie hopefully this weather eases up as well trixie because so far today the 66 has been closed due to snow! But I must admit that the photos were deceiving lol how are you keeping trixie

didn't weigh in the group this week, I was too busy to get there. I'll let you know next week. :)

ooooo there'll be trouble.

Jeanette;n30290 said:
Haha definitely this time trixie hopefully this weather eases up as well trixie because so far today the 66 has been closed due to snow! But I must admit that the photos were deceiving lol how are you keeping trixie

saw on tv how thry were trying to keep 66 open with the gritters etc......hope wemay have seen the last of the snow now.....it was so nice to get such a beautiful day yesterday.....

was it today that you were going to see the van....keep us informed......all exciting for you eh...

been for xrays this morning...think i may have fractured my back again......ohhhhh....pain, pain, pain......gettinmg fed up of it all now...it would be nice if i could just get some answers..as to why.....wastold once i started taking the meds it would stop the fractures......no such luck.....ah well....

trixie88;n30595 said:
saw on tv how thry were trying to keep 66 open with the gritters etc......hope wemay have seen the last of the snow now.....it was so nice to get such a beautiful day yesterday.....

was it today that you were going to see the van....keep us informed......all exciting for you eh...

been for xrays this morning...think i may have fractured my back again......ohhhhh....pain, pain, pain......gettinmg fed up of it all now...it would be nice if i could just get some answers..as to why.....wastold once i started taking the meds it would stop the fractures......no such luck.....ah well....

Aww trixie I’m sorry to hear that you’ve fractured your back again, hopefully you’ll get some answers soon as to why, and we have been to see the van today ( Tuesday) and sadly it wasn’t to be,it was really wet inside under the seats,plus it did have a problem before, because you could tell with the wood trim but when I lifted the seat off the back it was soaking wet,actually dripping! Which was a shame because the layout was good, hopefully we have seen the last of the snow it has been a gorgeous day here in Blackpool today

That's not good news Trixie with the camping season about to start, hope they can get you sorted and mobile soon.

Sounds like a wasted journey Jeanette, but the right one will turn up - makes you wonder what the sellers are thinking, offering it for sale in that condition.

Jeanette;n30608 said:
Aww trixie I’m sorry to hear that you’ve fractured your back again, hopefully you’ll get some answers soon as to why, and we have been to see the van today ( Tuesday) and sadly it wasn’t to be,it was really wet inside under the seats,plus it did have a problem before, because you could tell with the wood trim but when I lifted the seat off the back it was soaking wet,actually dripping! Which was a shame because the layout was good, hopefully we have seen the last of the snow it has been a gorgeous day here in Blackpool today

what a shame jeanette, it was a nice looking vehicle...set out like a caravan with ample seating..........well it wasnt meant to be........next time maybe.....

blackpool, ah well, candy floss, kiss me quick hats, trams, and of course the tower......must see if we can get there over the summer months.....only visited twice...once as a child..then again about 20 yrs ago.......
went to nearby southport a few times a couple of years ago....used to go regularly years ago with the caravan.....ahh memories.........

Edina;n30616 said:
That's not good news Trixie with the camping season about to start, hope they can get you sorted and mobile soon.

Sounds like a wasted journey Jeanette, but the right one will turn up - makes you wonder what the sellers are thinking, offering it for sale in that condition.

thanks chris, on a positive note, im thankfull its not as bad as last time........just a hope another one doesnt go at the same time.......that would e horrendous ....enjoy your days out.........

Chris I don’t think she really knew about because she was happy fume to lift the cushion well I couldn’t I had to ask Malcolm she was an older woman that was selling it as she said her husband passed away about four years ago and it had been standing on her daughters drive and now she needed the money,they said it had been to a fabricator and they told her to put the price on! It looked as if the roof had no seams from what Malcolm could see,because we didn’t look at anything else once I found that, it wasn’t damp it was soaking wet and to be honest she did look mortified! The weather yesterday was glorious trixie and we never stay in the city centre we always stay at a lovely hotel at north shore lovely and quiet showing my age now!! Lol ? the owners were saying they are trying hard to clean the centre of town up,and it does seem to be working. Are you any better today trixie I do hope so nothing worse is there? X

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back