Chat Room

Hi folks,

It's the first time I've had a good enough connection to do more than just look at new posts. I've had a three mobile SIM for quite a few years, no problem, but since agreeing to a new contract, connectivity has fallen through the floor. They might be taking it back if they can't improve.

Sorry to hear your news Trixie, I hoped you were on the up. Could it be a pulled muscle? Whatever it is I hope they can give you something to make it less painfull without knocking you out.

I thought you'd found the one Jeanette. Because of the construction they're not supposed to leak. It could be problems around the windows, but you don't want to start out with problems. Better luck next time.

Have you got your B to B up and running Chris? We've always been pleased with ours.

yorkslass;n30722 said:
Hi folks,

It's the first time I've had a good enough connection to do more than just look at new posts. I've had a three mobile SIM for quite a few years, no problem, but since agreeing to a new contract, connectivity has fallen through the floor. They might be taking it back if they can't improve.

Sorry to hear your news Trixie, I hoped you were on the up. Could it be a pulled muscle? Whatever it is I hope they can give you something to make it less painfull without knocking you out.

I thought you'd found the one Jeanette. Because of the construction they're not supposed to leak. It could be problems around the windows, but you don't want to start out with problems. Better luck next time.

Have you got your B to B up and running Chris? We've always been pleased with ours.

Good to see you back in the land of posters Sue.

Finished fitting the combined B2B and MPPT solar controller; tis behind the drivers seat, so I stood outside doing it with head of tool distribution inside, handing me stuff as needed. Not windy, but still nippy if you stopped moving about.

How did you get on at the meet?

Sue we thought so too when we first saw it,and it was just the layout that we fancied, we couldn’t believe how wet the cushions were when we lifted them up. The only other thing we can think of is it is getting in through the window how’s David keeping Sue,well I hope

Attachments

• 5CCA4A46-DD19-4676-A40C-7586D6346329.png
    5CCA4A46-DD19-4676-A40C-7586D6346329.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Edina;n30724 said:
Good to see you back in the land of posters Sue.

Finished fitting the combined B2B and MPPT solar controller; tis behind the drivers seat, so I stood outside doing it with head of tool distribution inside, handing me stuff as needed. Not windy, but still nippy if you stopped moving about.

How did you get on at the meet?

We had a good weekend Chris.David never stopped talking on Friday night, he had to put a fresh battery in his machine, he really enjoyed himself, but then how could he not with such good company. He stayed in Saturday night, he tired himself out, but was rarin to go on Sunday night.
Thanks for asking Jeanette, as you can see he's doing ok. We're getting ready for our next meet at Reepham, in between getting a bit of welding done and an mot.

yorkslass;n30829 said:
We had a good weekend Chris.David never stopped talking on Friday night, he had to put a fresh battery in his machine, he really enjoyed himself, but then how could he not with such good company. He stayed in Saturday night, he tired himself out, but was rarin to go on Sunday night.
Thanks for asking Jeanette, as you can see he's doing ok. We're getting ready for our next meet at Reepham, in between getting a bit of welding done and an mot.

Brilliant, bring plenty of batteries to Reepham!

evening sue,,,yes good to see you posting again and that david is doing well.....i am so pleased thst you both enjoyrd the meet.......bet it did you the wotld of good. roll on the better weather...the sun will make it even more enjoyable.

Jeanette;n30741 said:
Sue we thought so too when we first saw it,and it was just the layout that we fancied, we couldn’t believe how wet the cushions were when we lifted them up. The only other thing we can think of is it is getting in through the window how’s David keeping Sue,well I hope

evening jeanette....shame about the damp, however, could it have been beacuse it hadnt been used for a long while.

had to take the cushions out of our van at christmas because they were so damp and wet,,,,,,,(a window had not been closed properly) that was the cause of it.

could have been the same with the van you went to see......i think if she had known it would be damp she would have taken the cushions out to dry before advertising it.......as you say she was surprised that they were damp......yes i liked the layout of it also.....such a shame

None as yet but we are still looking Chris trixie there was damp in the bathroom as well and the wood frame around the top you could see it,which was a shame we felt really sorry for her as she was waiting for the money! We’ve never seen a van so wet before,Malcolm thinks the only place the water could get in was the little windows on the top plus the big window at the back, the ones we see are nearly all to far down south! Our eyes are just freewheeling looking at vans! Haha

After emptying the bus ready for a service tomorrow, we tootled off to look at the South Devon Chilli Farm. Fascinating place, if you like chillis, and lots of chilli chocolate samples to try.

Took the bus to a local garage for a service, but got a phone call to say it was too long for their lifts. Now it's booked into Exeter for Thursday, so off to the coast tonight.

Chris just asked on the Wide awake thread about the service on the bus and come on here and see the answer!! Lol seen a few vans advertised but nothing to go and see,we fancy an autosleeper but with the u shaped lounge! But we would look at a one with bench seats that were long enough for two single beds! Some of those the seats are really small I know I’m only 5’2” but hey come on! Haha ?

Tes;n31431 said:
I have a kidney infection... so very much ouchie!

Hope you get well soon Tes :Hugging_Face_Emoji:

Thanks for the hugs and well wishes. x x
I hope I feel better soon too, not sure how long the antibiotics take to work, but painkillers don't seem to work.

You'll be fine when the antibiotics kick in Tes, can't they give you stronger painkillers?

Just taken the bus into Exeter for a service, where they are also going to check the eber fuel filter and remove the kick out step, which seems to be attracted to every bump it can find.

Are you taking paracetamol and ibuprofen Tes?
I've just had some sort of infection, and taking both means you can have a dose of something every three hours.

Hope the van's good to go, when you get it back Chris.
I've to fit the mot in, between Reepham and Hereford. We didn't get far last year, so Im hoping there won't be much to do.

I am taking both paracetamol and ibuprofen. I'm sure it will be better soon. :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back