Chat Room

I wasn't better soon. :(Ended up at Warwick hospital at midnight on Sunday. Turns out the antibiotics I was on were not right for me and the infection had spread rather than got better. Been given different stronger ones now. feel a bit less ouch already, so I think these ones are right.

did you all enjoy your Easter break?

Aww hopefully those antibiotics will sort it out soon for you Tes

Tes;n31850 said:
I wasn't better soon. :(Ended up at Warwick hospital at midnight on Sunday. Turns out the antibiotics I was on were not right for me and the infection had spread rather than got better. Been given different stronger ones now. feel a bit less ouch already, so I think these ones are right.

did you all enjoy your Easter break?

Hope your all sorted now chick keep taking the tablets.?

Campervanannie;n31933 said:
Hope your all sorted now chick keep taking the tablets.?

Thanks.
The ones the hospital gave me were not the right ones either. I got my results yesterday and the bacteria is only effected by 2 different types of antibiotics. so I am now on the right ones. should be all better soon.

It's all this dieting Tes, have yourself a cream tea :Strawberry_Cake_Emo

Tes;n31947 said:
Thanks.
The ones the hospital gave me were not the right ones either. I got my results yesterday and the bacteria is only effected by 2 different types of antibiotics. so I am now on the right ones. should be all better soon.

Just listened to Phil's video, and by the sounds of it, it could be stones. You have my sympathy. I had gall stones a couple of years ago and the pain was unbearable. All I can say is thank goodness for morphine.
As you say, getting the right antibiotics is crucial too.
Hope your on the right road now and feeling better soon.

Sorry to hear your news, that they were treating you with the wrong pills, hope you now have the correct pills now, i bet it is what Yorklass said on gall stones, so many of my family and friends have been rushed in hospital with tremendous excruciatlng pain then diagnoised with gallstones
Get well soon, and take care

Good drive up from Devon, now in P'boro and heading for Whitwell later this morning. Hoping the sun we had yesterday lasts for the weekend :)

Tes;n31947 said:
Thanks.

you have my sympathies. tes re meds....just spent 10 days in hospital myself...and its quite frightening the way they dish out tabs...with no instructions and even the wrong ones.
you woud have thought they would have known what antiiotics to give in the first place///// in the meantime you are the one who is suffering........sometimes I think the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

anyway good to hear that you are on the mend............sometimes have difficukty getting into this site...so have to do a catch up every now and again...........you take care now......trixie

trixie88;n32443 said:
you have my sympathies. tes re meds....just spent 10 days in hospital myself...and its quite frightening the way they dish out tabs...with no instructions and even the wrong ones.
you woud have thought they would have known what antiiotics to give in the first place///// in the meantime you are the one who is suffering........sometimes I think the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

anyway good to hear that you are on the mend............sometimes have difficukty getting into this site...so have to do a catch up every now and again...........you take care now......trixie

Sorry to hear that you’ve just had 10 days in hospital trixie I do hope that your feeling much better! Is it your back again where you get fractures! Very painful ?

trixie88;n32443 said:

I hope you are feeling better. x

The good news is my infection has gone. The bad is I'm still in pain. lots :( I was at A&E last night... I have moments where it's just a dull ache and not too bad then I have moments (I call them attacks) where it's unbearable. Yesterday afternoon I was attacking so much I couldn't stand it any longer. Phil called the doctors and I was given stronger painkillers, but they didn't work, I was still in so much pain. At A&E they have come to the conclusion I have kidney stones, but can't say 100% until I have a scan which I've already been put on a list for 3 days ago. it takes 2-4 weeks to get a scan so that's frustrated me a lot. They said my blood showed my kidney function was normal so they can not do anything about it faster than that. (glad my blood was normal but grrrr already 3 weeks into this pain) I was given something stronger for the pain, but only 1 and told to give my doctors a ring today to get a prescription for oral morphine and these stronger meds.

so that's me... how's everyone else?

Get morphine from your GP Tes, you shouldn't have to suffer while you wait for a diagnosis.

We're back to normal, Mum's home with us and grumbling away as usual :Very_sad_emoji_icon

No one wants to use morphine, but when you're in so much pain you just have to go with it.
Hope you feel more comfortable.

Mum's not so glad to be home, that she's giving you a bit of peace then Chris.

Tes;n32457 said:
I hope you are feeling better. x

The good news is my infection has gone. The bad is I'm still in pain. lots :( I was at A&E last night... I have moments where it's just a dull ache and not too bad then I have moments (I call them attacks) where it's unbearable. Yesterday afternoon I was attacking so much I couldn't stand it any longer. Phil called the doctors and I was given stronger painkillers, but they didn't work, I was still in so much pain. At A&E they have come to the conclusion I have kidney stones, but can't say 100% until I have a scan which I've already been put on a list for 3 days ago. it takes 2-4 weeks to get a scan so that's frustrated me a lot. They said my blood showed my kidney function was normal so they can not do anything about it faster than that. (glad my blood was normal but grrrr already 3 weeks into this pain) I was given something stronger for the pain, but only 1 and told to give my doctors a ring today to get a prescription for oral morphine and these stronger meds.

so that's me... how's everyone else?

Aw Tes, I'm so sad you're going through all this, especially so soon after losing your lovely Dad. More than your fair share methinks, so huge hugs to you my lovely.

Definitely go with the oral morphine. I had it when I had my hip replaced and it worked well in combination with the tablet painkillers. It works fast, so gives you some relief while the other pain meds kick in, plus it's a great top-up in between tablet doses. Non-addictive, so no guilt tripping! I'm sure I'm preaching to the very well-informed converted but it's better and easier to steadily keep on top of pain with regular doses than it is to banish it in the first place. Even if you're feeling comparatively pain free, keep up with the meds because once the pain gets the better of you again, it's harder to get back on top of it. It was years before I learnt that! Chin up lass xxxx

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back