Chat Room

I just heard on the radio that with every stamp we lick, we're consuming one-tenth of a calorie... no wonder we all gain weight at C-word time:b0234:

Minisorella;n32516 said:
I just heard on the radio that with every stamp we lick, we're consuming one-tenth of a calorie... no wonder we all gain weight at C-word time:b0234:

I am going to start a rumour that emails are better because they are less calories :)

nabsim;n32534 said:
I am going to start a rumour that emails are better because they are less calories :)

Okaaaaay... but the stamped thingies then have to get to the nearest post box, so that's possibly burning off more calories than gained? It's a dilemma...
I know!! We need a diet expert to work this out for us. Wonder where on earth we can find someone who's on a diet and losing lots of weight in a very clever scientific way? :Nerd_with_Glasses_E

Does it burn more calories typing quickly or slowly, what about lifting eyes up and down if you don't touch type and of corse, backspacing and retyping typos??? :)

nabsim;n32542 said:
Does it burn more calories typing quickly or slowly, what about lifting eyes up and down if you don't touch type and of corse, backspacing and retyping typos??? :)

Hmmm yes, another thing to be factored into the equation. Can't count the eye lifting thing for me because I do touch type quite quickly... last civil service typing test I passed was at 90wpm but that was many many moons and suns and jobs ago! I do indeed expend a huge number of calories these days on the whole backspace, delete, retype thing though :rolleyes: How did you guess... is my webcam on? :O Extra calories too for constantly pushing glasses back up the nose and hair out of eyes, so emails could be nudging ahead...

Ah but I've just remembered all the energy it takes to lift a pen and make those strange ancient squiggles called writing on the page and envelope of a card or letter... pretty sure that offsets the stamp licking calories :p

Tezza33;n32547 said:
I think I will invent the low calorie stamp:b0221:

Well I didn't want to mention it but last stamps I bought (maybe 10 years ago) you didn't lick, they were self adhesive. Didn't want that to get in the way of the thread though :)

nabsim;n32617 said:
Well I didn't want to mention it but last stamps I bought (maybe 10 years ago) you didn't lick, they were self adhesive. Didn't want that to get in the way of the thread though :)

I like licking things :Smirk_Face_Emoji:

nabsim;n32617 said:

There's posh! I'll be having stern words with the local postmistress about stock rotation :Tears_of_Joy_Emoji:

Well, today was a really good day... warm and sunny and my baby boy turned 40! How did that happen? We had a fabulous meal out at a local steak place and had the sampler menu with 4 different kinds of steak and all the sides... yummmmy! Then we picked up my one-year-old grandot and went back to theirs to open his mountain of pressies and surprises. He's always been a nightmare to buy for because, unlike his sister, he never has a wish list and just isn't bothered about owning 'stuff' at all. Luckily, my gorgeous daughter-in-law cleverly picked up on a passing remark he made that it would be fun to take littl'un out cycling. Bearing in mind he hasn't had a bike since he was knocked off one on a roundabout about 15 years ago... he was a bit confused when he unwrapped the cycle helmet! Then he read the 'certificate' and realised we've all clubbed together to buy him a bike and a child seat. One very happy chappy :cool:

By the way, the meal was really early because they're off to Venice tomorrow for a few days and have to be at the airport around 5.30am... guess who's taking them to Gatwick? Oh and I'm dog-sitting Bertie the mad mutt (a bonkers cockerpoo - special needs we reckon!) until they get back, so the next few days will be an exhausting hoot!

Looks as though we're in for a drop more rain; they'll be getting the "Pick your own - Rice" signs out soon.

I'm not going to weigh in today, or until my kidneys are sorted.The morphine makes me too spaced out to drive. so I can't give you an official weight loss/gain.
This week has been a tough one. Tuesday and Wednesday I ate whatever, not low carb not "diet" I decided while I was away for my dad's funeral to have whatever and get back to it Thursday which I did. until I ended up in A&E Thursday night with my kidney pain. I have read that citrus can help to break up a kidney stone, so I'm drinking orange juice and eating oranges. These are not ok foods for Keto diet, which I was following. so, for now, I'm not following any specific diet. I'm not being silly and eating loads of rubbish either. When you first come off keto your body stores back up lots of fluids, glucose, glycogen, e.t.c. so a weight gain is quite normal. This week my unofficial weigh in is + 5lbs. I'm fine with that after coming off keto. I would be fine with upto an 8. I am still going to weigh each week at home and keep you all up to date with it. defiantly not quitting, just taking the scenic route for my health.

hp[e you feel better soon tes....and that you manag e to keep pain under control...........and that they get you sorted sooner than ater...sorry computer playing up.....that should read later........it wont let me correct th typing......amyway you take care.....

Tes, when I had kidney stones I gained quite a lot of weight as I was retaining fluid. Luckily after two admissions in acute retention ( pain, unable to pee, and vomitting) I actually passed the little b***r. Then lost weight as I was getting rid of all the urine which had been stopped by the stone. So I would ignore the weight and just concentrate on keeping pain under control. Morphine did not work for me but voltarol suppositories were fantastic! Good luck, hope you get sorted soon.

Tes if you decide to try grapefruit be careful if you are on medication as it can react to certain meds! Hope you get well soon

Rec;n32785 said:
Tes, when I had kidney stones I gained quite a lot of weight as I was retaining fluid. Luckily after two admissions in acute retention ( pain, unable to pee, and vomitting) I actually passed the little b***r. Then lost weight as I was getting rid of all the urine which had been stopped by the stone. So I would ignore the weight and just concentrate on keeping pain under control. Morphine did not work for me but voltarol suppositories were fantastic! Good luck, hope you get sorted soon.

I am still able to pee, but weight loss has been more difficult than normal recently either gaining or not losing as much as I would expect to. I had a CT scan when I was in the hospital this week and they couldn't see a stone which has confused the doctors. When I was in the hospital they were so sure it was a stone that they explained the whole procedure to me. They were going to put a stent in my tube to help it pass. Now I'm home again awaiting more tests, still in pain with no answers. frustrated and a little scared.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back