Does anyone know what is causing this odd noise

I'm getting more sure it is the speakers, as you move around it moves with you, good tip re db meter.

No tracker or Bluetooth fitted that i know of.

It may be picking up some signal of some sort, but I get it all over the country.

Last edited:
Having re-read all of this thread and listened again to the sound clip, I'm convinced it is a dodgy connection, so starting from scratch again ........
It happens when the radio is off, ok, so its not emanating from the radio itself unless it is in sleep mode ......
Static discharge, possible but that wouldn't explain the length of time that the interference occurs .....
Damaged speaker cables/connectors, again possible, but I would expect some distortion/interference when the radio is playing .......

Sooo,
Is there a TV, if so, has someone wired the TV audio output to share the radio speakers?
Also, I know you've said it happens when nothing is running, but next time it might be worth taking the tv aerial out, just to see

All of which brings me back to the nature of the noise, the speaker wires/connectors themselves may have rubbed bare causing a short or developed a dry solder joint which is intermittent because the cables are able to move when the van is moving. The connectors at the back of the radio may be the issue as I don't think you will be switching the radio fully off on the front panel.

Alternatively, if the radio and speakers prove to be ok, then there is a possibility that the cables are picking up arcing from a switch or relay. From what you have said previously it also happens at night when most appliances will be off, so that would limit it to the fridge or heating system.

I'd start with the back of the radio and then the backs of the speakers.

Got to go, teas ready 🤣

No TV or aerial fitted to the van I'm afraid, the rear speakers are in the ceiling in pods, the cables are secure in there as I needed to refit the covers and they are silicone in place.

They run in plastic conduit from the cab to the hab, so think they are secure from movement but impossible to be certain so we're back buggering about behind the dash.

The van can be stood or moving when it starts making the noise i have also heard it when we're stood outside in off and locked up.

My tea has arrived too, 😉

I'm getting more sure it is the speakers, as you move around it moves with you, good tip re db meter.

No tracker or Bluetooth fitted that i know of.

It may be picking up some signal of some sort, but I get it all over the country.
I did warn you about google spyware. 😂
😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
Try changing the length of the speaker wires or wrap them in tin foil inside the plastic tube they are in.

There is no such thing as tinfoil Yrev.

I was just looking at the Van's PDF and thought this might help regarding the Canbus question.

Screenshot_20240508-082623_Dropbox.jpg

Sounds like you have a ghost . That means your have to sell you van right away to me for £1.
Then I could be my problem. But won’t affect me at all as I am deaf .😂

Is this associated with your post a few weeks ago.... "Shurflo pump won't stop?"
Sorry if I added confusion.

No connection cause pun.

But see pump thread too as I'm adding new info.

Back