Easy water tank filler

Deleted member 11

Easy water tank filler

Using a down pipe fitting like this means you don't have to hold a funnel in one hand and pour with the other.
Measure the diameter of the filler and get a fitting slightly larger so you can file/sand down for a tight fit.
DSCF0244.JPG

Clever idea Chris ThumbsUp.gif
My fill point is odd in that it's quite high up, so the easiest option I've found so far is a watering can.
I was filling up once at Malvern and my neighbour said "Doesn't matter how much you water it, it's not gonna grow!"

Last edited:
I saw someone using one at a meet, might have been Rog. A good idea, it's another roundtuit.:Thumbs_Up:

I'm struggling to see the photo it's not loading probably operator error.

I've been looking for one the right size for years. Wully said he was bringing some to Moffat. He's probably forgotten by now!

Edina;n73 said:
Using a down pipe fitting like this means you don't have to hold a funnel in one hand and pour with the other.
Measure the diameter of the filler and get a fitting slightly larger so you can file/sand down for a tight fit.

Nice one

:Thumbs_Up:

I use a watering can with a bit of hose on it. I would imagine it goes in a lot faster than using a 90° fitting. Then again if you're filling with bottled water there's probably no difference lol

Fletch6;n433 said:
I use a watering can with a bit of hose on it. I would imagine it goes in a lot faster than using a 90° fitting. Then again if you're filling with bottled water there's probably no difference lol

Going to steal this idea, thanks. ✔

The trusty 10 litre watering can works for me , you can use the short hose to fit any tap too , take another container to the tap too and fill that at the same time, two birds with one stone.The hose goes into the filler cap as you pour the water so no spillage either.

Attachments

• photo192.jpg
    photo192.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 8
  • photo193.jpg
    photo193.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
Used that idea on the last few vans but it won't work on the Swift, I used masking tape to get it a good tight fit. I use a 11 ltr watering can with a bit of flexible tubing fixed in the spout. The Swift filler cap is badly positioned it is lower than the top of the tank, water never comes out of the overflow pipe instead it comes back out of the filler. If I do fill the tank to the max it can still be coming out of the filler a day or so later leaking past the cap.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back