How old?

When the bills start to come in is a good time to sell , the bills only get bigger .
thats what we have always said when a motor starts to cost your serious money get rid as you are on a point of no return . but having said that it all depends on what you motor is worth as we have just spent £850 on ours but she would cost about £62.000 to buy from a dealer so you have to maintain it . cheyenne

I do all my own work so only cost of bits are the problem, think she requires a throttle cable soon or more oil on the old one.

My eldest daughter made a priceless comment when I said now Leo is so old I might get a decal for either side, 'Be careful you don't devalue it mum.'
Our last van took us all over Europe, and I carefully chose very small stickers for the bathroom window that reflected a limited number of places we'd been to that were either a bit special or were of places that most people didn't get to.

I was genuinely surprised to see that when the dealer advertised it, all trace of them had been removed. It sold very quickly.

Listen to your eldest daughter, she is clearly wiser than me. 😳 🙂

Onr thing i hate is stickers all over things, why do folk want to show others the places they have been. :unsure:
Show offs.
Too True.

You have embarrased me into going out and taking all my stickers off now :cry:
Farewell to "HMP Belmarsh", "HMP Dartmoor", "HMP Barlinnie", ....

(now you know why I really had a camper with black and white stripes ;) )

Mine is 19 years old, so older than yours Andromeda. It's time for a change for me but I didn't manage to sell him last summer so he carries on another year.

19 years old is almost new. Mine is a1991 twin wheel Transit so now 32 years old. Slow, but very pleasant to drive, and generally easy to work on. After a trip away at the weekend it is temporarily off the road as the alternator gave problems, meaning the starting batteries were only getting a minimal charge if nothing electrical was on. Hopefully new alternator and vacuum pump on their way.

Mine is a baby at 23 years from first reg in 2000, she was built in 1997 and sat requireing a coach body, then after 5 years was put into storage by GOV LIB board, then sold to an idiot here who fooked everything up before i got it to rebuild, happy as a pig in sh-t with it.

It's not how old something is it's how good something is. Here's an example. If you buy a new motorhome for ( example ) £100k it will still need servicing tyres brakes replaced etc etc. if you buy a good 20 year old hymer for £25/30k then you've £75/70k to spend on keeping it on the road. Could anyone possibly spend that on repairs. Yes I know some will scoff at the analogy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back