How old?

It's not how old something is it's how good something is. Here's an example. If you buy a new motorhome for ( example ) £100k it will still need servicing tyres brakes replaced etc etc. if you buy a good 20 year old hymer for £25/30k then you've £75/70k to spend on keeping it on the road. Could anyone possibly spend that on repairs. Yes I know some will scoff at the analogy
That only works when you have the £100K in your bank account to begin with.
The rest of us have to make do with only spending what we can afford and having handy credit cards for when things go wrong.

It's not how old something is it's how good something is. Here's an example. If you buy a new motorhome for ( example ) £100k it will still need servicing tyres brakes replaced etc etc. if you buy a good 20 year old hymer for £25/30k then you've £75/70k to spend on keeping it on the road. Could anyone possibly spend that on repairs. Yes I know some will scoff at the analogy
Not a hymer and just one year older at 21…happy to accept an offer of £25k.

• Funny
Reactions: Caz
Mine MOTed for another year today ... will be 16 years old in February and hit 116,000 miles on the way home.

Mine too, not sure without looking when it was born in Italy, need to compare VINs 😁😆😅

Reactions: 2cv
Mine is a 2010 but internal chassis has been wax-oiled thoroughly and the external has been coated twice with Tetroseal Wax Oil Rustproofing. I Uprated/replaced the complete rear suspension with double leaf springs Hangers and bushes, New Shock absorbers and air suspension 2 years ago, so a much better ride. Just had the cambelt and waterpump replaced, I'm retired now so can't see me affording a newer motorhome so this one will probably have to outlive me.

1999 a mere youngster 😁. We have looked countless time to upgrade but the newer models either had more wrong with them then our old girl or was sadly lacking in quality so we keep spending on her. We have had her about 7 years.

Mine is a 2010 but internal chassis has been wax-oiled thoroughly and the external has been coated twice with Tetroseal Wax Oil Rustproofing. I Uprated/replaced the complete rear suspension with double leaf springs Hangers and bushes, New Shock absorbers and air suspension 2 years ago, so a much better ride. Just had the cambelt and waterpump replaced, I'm retired now so can't see me affording a newer motorhome so this one will probably have to outlive me.
Did you do the doors and a pillers, folks forget this bit.

thats what we have always said when a motor starts to cost your serious money get rid as you are on a point of no return . but having said that it all depends on what you motor is worth as we have just spent £850 on ours but she would cost about £62.000 to buy from a dealer so you have to maintain it . cheyenne
It’s only money , you can’t take it with you.
If it gives you pleasure go for it. 😀😀

It’s only money , you can’t take it with you.
If it gives you pleasure go for it. 😀😀
thats what we say in our mid seventies its no good saving it for a rainy day that why we dont mind using french m/ways now all that fuss with tickets there's no pockets in shrouds. Cheyenne

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back